The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-11-2014 01:54 AM
45 12
tools
    Its not like they have done it for the first time but its repetitive. They are not differentiating with different versions of Cortana. If they do, the article will convey the message with 100% accuracy and thus it will avoid confusions. We know they are not machines and they do have social life or families, but it does not mean that you write half-truth about something! Get it!
    10-08-2014 09:33 AM
    If they can't write about facts, they should leave their jobs. Its not like they have done it for the first time but its repetitive. They are not differentiating with different versions of Cortana. If they do, the article will convey the message with 100% accuracy and thus it will avoid confusions. We know they are not machines and they do have social life or families, but it does not mean that you write half-truth about something! Get it!
    They are writing about facts...they're writing what they see on their phones. And they repeatedly have said "rolling out", "not available on all phones", etc. in their Cortana articles.

Cortana features roll out. Sometimes it can take weeks for the rollout to complete. Get it.
    10-08-2014 09:41 AM
    They are writing about facts...they're writing what they see on their phones. And they repeatedly have said "rolling out", "not available on all phones", etc. in their Cortana articles.

Cortana features roll out. Sometimes it can take weeks for the rollout to complete. Get it.
    Can you get rid of your lame excuses? Those do not differentiate between Alpha/Beta versions of Cortana. If its all about assumption, then better they don't write an article as they don't have facts with them. There is nothing wrong in collecting all info rather to fill the Articles with incomplete details. I am not saying all articles are incomplete but yes when it comes to Cortana they come up with details which are concentric towards Beta versions. It's their job to present all facts and they seem to miss it many times. If they write what they see on their phones, then they should specify which version are they using on their phones. This tendency of not including details in articles will impact accuracy of wpcentral bloggers. Hope you get what I meant and if not, write whatever you want to cover their mistakes (repetitive).
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-08-2014 09:51 AM
    Can you get rid of your lame excuses? Those do not differentiate between Alpha/Beta versions of Cortana. If its all about assumption, then better they don't write an article as they don't have facts with them. There is nothing wrong in collecting all info rather to fill the Articles with incomplete details. I am not saying all articles are incomplete but yes when it comes to Cortana they come up with details which are concentric towards Beta versions. It's their job to present all facts and they seem to miss it many times. If they write what they see on their phones, then they should specify which version are they using on their phones. This tendency of not including details in articles will impact accuracy of wpcentral bloggers. Hope you get what I meant and if not, write whatever you want to cover their mistakes (repetitive).
    Yeah and they forgot to mention that they were on the AT&T network using a Lumia 1520 in their bedroom in an apartment in NYC wearing bunny slippers, one with a slight tear by the heel, drinking a cup of coffee listening to The Beach Boys on their new Samsung soundbar while their bagel was in the toaster. It's their job to give us the facts, and all the facts. Shame on them!
    Last edited by berty6294; 10-08-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-08-2014 10:01 AM

It would be nice if you would stop insulting people....thanks.

Now then:

It doesn't matter what version the reviewer is using, because...say it with me...Alpha/Beta has nothing to do with it. Cortana features rolled out over time when it was just a beta in the US, and they continue to roll out over time. You may have a feature before we do in the US, we might have one before you.

I'm pretty much through responding to you. You're not listening to facts, and you insult and rant instead of discuss.

Have fun.
    F3rzz likes this.
    10-08-2014 10:04 AM
    It would be nice if you would stop insulting people....thanks.

Now then:

It doesn't matter what version the reviewer is using, because...say it with me...Alpha/Beta has nothing to do with it. Cortana features rolled out over time when it was just a beta in the US, and they continue to roll out over time. You may have a feature before we do in the US, we might have one before you.

I'm pretty much through responding to you. You're not listening to facts, and you insult and rant instead of discuss.

Have fun.

My reply was an outcome of your comments, so better take a look at those first. It was not at all insulting and if you feel so then I can't help it:)
    Last edited by Ashish Gupta888; 10-08-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-08-2014 10:13 AM
    I think that this is an overstretch of the problem. The fact that it would have said anything about the author trying in Beta or Alpha wouldn't have made a change in your friends asking for a demo.
    You could have easily explain them about the rolling stages that last weeks for new features. I have seen more negativity the lately over the internet.
    10-08-2014 12:17 PM
    Can these bloggers who show all these new features care to comment on who does and who doesn't get it( alpha /beta/region based?)
    @The OP (and those who agree with him / her), you are basically asking these guys to document every single feature that is available on every single version of Cortana.

That is why Jazmac said what he said, let me put this into perspective this like asking them to write every article in every single spoken language or to respond to every single tip that comes in individually - impossible, they are not machines that do not have a social life or families.

Cortana is in a different status (i.e alpha, beta) for the released regions for a reason, it is not the finished article and won't be for a long time.
    So Sorry If you didn't read the last few posts and a part of the first post itself. It is quoted above. All that was needed was a comment on if it was the alpha beta or certain regions that were getting it. At no point in time were the expected to leave their family lives to go to work.

I think the next new thread should be a bit disappointed in users who either don't read the entire post or misread the posts before giving their 2 bobs worth.
    10-08-2014 01:44 PM
    What I meant was already conveyed in my previous comments. Don't expect me to hold your hand and walk you through the process :-P
    Its upto your intelligence to decipher what I said!
    I would rather not because this debate seems to be going downhill quickly into backhanded insults. I prefer a positive/conductive argument instead of what you are trying to direct this conversation to.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    10-08-2014 01:50 PM
    I think that this is an overstretch of the problem. The fact that it would have said anything about the author trying in Beta or Alpha wouldn't have made a change in your friends asking for a demo.
    You could have easily explain them about the rolling stages that last weeks for new features. I have seen more negativity the lately over the internet.
    I don't know! would it matter if they are into gizmos and gadgets but don't give a second look towards WP specially Nokias since the last S60 models they saw. It might be interesting to you to know that they do know what is Alpha and Beta and also some features of Cortana wowed them compared to Siri that they have. I didn't say I felt Suicidal or depressed, I was a bit disappointed and embarrassed please don't over read my post.
    10-08-2014 01:50 PM
    I would rather not because this debate seems to be going downhill quickly into backhanded insults. I prefer a positive/conductive argument instead of what you are trying to direct this conversation to.
    If your comments were positive then mine too! I still stand by the fact that bloggers need to take care of such details. I justified my points instead of covering their mistakes. So, you took it to wrong direction, it appears!
    10-08-2014 01:58 PM

I am sorry I think I get it now. The meaning of my post is still rolling out and not available to all users. Please restart/ reread my posts and check for updates.
    Not once was it mentioned as roll out or anything like that
    untitled1.jpg
    It even has a thank you note to some one who tipped the blogger. So like many out here should I assume that the blogger went running out to his little laptop and blogged out this post showing off the new feature, just like many people here assumed I did.

The Blog does not have much detail but that does not worry me. I just feel that whatever was submitted was kinda sort incomplete.

Yeah and they forgot to mention that they were on the AT&T network using a Lumia 1520 in their bedroom in an apartment in NYC wearing bunny slippers, one with a slight tear by the heel, drinking a cup of coffee listening to The Beach Boys on their new Samsung soundbar while their bagel was in the toaster. It's their job to give us the facts, and all the facts. Shame on them!
    hehehe Berty I see what you did there you cheeky little lol humour is best when it comes to breaking Ice
    10-08-2014 02:11 PM
    If your comments were positive then mine too! I still stand by the fact that bloggers need to take care of such details. I justified my points instead of covering their mistakes. So, you took it to wrong direction, it appears!
    I'll agree to disagree. That is all.
    10-08-2014 02:11 PM
    I'll agree to disagree. That is all.
    Oh, you commented back! I thought you wont continue :-D
    I too have the same feeling for your posts, that's all ;-)
    10-08-2014 02:16 PM
    It would have been cooler if Cortana flipped you the bird. Who cares about flipping a coin ?
    "here check out what Cortana can do" ...F U !
    10-08-2014 04:53 PM
    UK version won't flip a coin or roll the die, but it will roll the dice and its stuck on four all the time :/
    10-09-2014 01:40 AM
    I believe there is one blogger from the UK and one blogger from India. All of the others are from the USA, so they wouldn't use Cortana alpha.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    even most of us from India etc here dont really use cortana alpha,cortana beta works better for us
    im shocked the way people find new reasons to rant in the forums these days
    10-09-2014 06:11 AM
    So Sorry If you didn't read the last few posts and a part of the first post itself. It is quoted above. All that was needed was a comment on if it was the alpha beta or certain regions that were getting it. At no point in time were the expected to leave their family lives to go to work.

I think the next new thread should be a bit disappointed in users who either don't read the entire post or misread the posts before giving their 2 bobs worth.
    It is impossible to tell which version / region has what, prime example the UK version of Cortana also in beta does not mirror the US version. So to expect them to list which version or which region gets what is not possible as they would have to go through each version with a fine tooth comb. The only people who would know what you seek is the Cortana Dev team at Microsoft.
    aikidaves and Aresjr21 like this.
    10-10-2014 10:56 PM
    It is impossible to tell which version / region has what, prime example the UK version of Cortana also in beta does not mirror the US version. So to expect them to list which version or which region gets what is not possible as they would have to go through each version with a fine tooth comb. The only people who would know what you seek is the Cortana Dev team at Microsoft.
    So Would it be too much to ask for if the blog contains where this feature was sighted or who has it? That is what I was after :)
    10-11-2014 12:27 AM
    just FYI for the op,Cortana Alpha is an "alpha",its part of an optional dev preview
    10-11-2014 01:54 AM
45 12