Can the bloggers show all the new features everyone cares to comment on?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: A bit disappointed with WPcentral Bloggers.

My responses were less for you and more for another user I was conversing with.
I am crying in wilderness it appears. I don't understand how hard it is to accept their mistake rather to cover their a$$ with sh** excuses:D

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Umm okay...? Not quite sure what you mean by this.

What I meant was already conveyed in my previous comments. Don't expect me to hold your hand and walk you through the process :p
Its upto your intelligence to decipher what I said!

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

In almost every article about a new Cortana feature, they explain how features are rolled out gradually. Usually to the point where one of the reviewer's phones doesn't have the new feature yet, while another one does. Alpha vs. Beta version has nothing to do with it.

Case in point - I'm in the US, and Cortana will flip a coin and roll dice for me...but I don't have the upcoming concerts feature they mentioned a couple weeks ago.

Bottom line, Cortana features may or may not be on your phone yet. Test it out before showing off :)

Edit to add - I just saw someone on on Twitter say "I finally just got Cortana's concert watch". I just checked, and there it is. The features will come...just not exactly when you'd like them to :wink:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

@The OP (and those who agree with him / her), you are basically asking these guys to document every single feature that is available on every single version of Cortana.

That is why Jazmac said what he said, let me put this into perspective this like asking them to write every article in every single spoken language or to respond to every single tip that comes in individually - impossible, they are not machines that do not have a social life or families.

Cortana is in a different status (i.e alpha, beta) for the released regions for a reason, it is not the finished article and won't be for a long time.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Its not like they have done it for the first time but its repetitive. They are not differentiating with different versions of Cortana. If they do, the article will convey the message with 100% accuracy and thus it will avoid confusions. We know they are not machines and they do have social life or families, but it does not mean that you write half-truth about something! Get it!

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

If they can't write about facts, they should leave their jobs. Its not like they have done it for the first time but its repetitive. They are not differentiating with different versions of Cortana. If they do, the article will convey the message with 100% accuracy and thus it will avoid confusions. We know they are not machines and they do have social life or families, but it does not mean that you write half-truth about something! Get it!

They are writing about facts...they're writing what they see on their phones. And they repeatedly have said "rolling out", "not available on all phones", etc. in their Cortana articles.

Cortana features roll out. Sometimes it can take weeks for the rollout to complete. Get it.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

They are writing about facts...they're writing what they see on their phones. And they repeatedly have said "rolling out", "not available on all phones", etc. in their Cortana articles.

Cortana features roll out. Sometimes it can take weeks for the rollout to complete. Get it.

Can you get rid of your lame excuses? Those do not differentiate between Alpha/Beta versions of Cortana. If its all about assumption, then better they don't write an article as they don't have facts with them. There is nothing wrong in collecting all info rather to fill the Articles with incomplete details. I am not saying all articles are incomplete but yes when it comes to Cortana they come up with details which are concentric towards Beta versions. It's their job to present all facts and they seem to miss it many times. If they write what they see on their phones, then they should specify which version are they using on their phones. This tendency of not including details in articles will impact accuracy of wpcentral bloggers. Hope you get what I meant and if not, write whatever you want to cover their mistakes (repetitive).

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Can you get rid of your lame excuses? Those do not differentiate between Alpha/Beta versions of Cortana. If its all about assumption, then better they don't write an article as they don't have facts with them. There is nothing wrong in collecting all info rather to fill the Articles with incomplete details. I am not saying all articles are incomplete but yes when it comes to Cortana they come up with details which are concentric towards Beta versions. It's their job to present all facts and they seem to miss it many times. If they write what they see on their phones, then they should specify which version are they using on their phones. This tendency of not including details in articles will impact accuracy of wpcentral bloggers. Hope you get what I meant and if not, write whatever you want to cover their mistakes (repetitive).

Yeah and they forgot to mention that they were on the AT&T network using a Lumia 1520 in their bedroom in an apartment in NYC wearing bunny slippers, one with a slight tear by the heel, drinking a cup of coffee listening to The Beach Boys on their new Samsung soundbar while their bagel was in the toaster. It's their job to give us the facts, and all the facts. Shame on them!

Last edited:

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

It would be nice if you would stop insulting people....thanks.

Now then:

It doesn't matter what version the reviewer is using, because...say it with me...Alpha/Beta has nothing to do with it. Cortana features rolled out over time when it was just a beta in the US, and they continue to roll out over time. You may have a feature before we do in the US, we might have one before you.

I'm pretty much through responding to you. You're not listening to facts, and you insult and rant instead of discuss.

Have fun.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

It would be nice if you would stop insulting people....thanks.

Now then:

It doesn't matter what version the reviewer is using, because...say it with me...Alpha/Beta has nothing to do with it. Cortana features rolled out over time when it was just a beta in the US, and they continue to roll out over time. You may have a feature before we do in the US, we might have one before you.

I'm pretty much through responding to you. You're not listening to facts, and you insult and rant instead of discuss.

Have fun.

My reply was an outcome of your comments, so better take a look at those first. It was not at all insulting and if you feel so then I can't help it:)

Last edited:

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I think that this is an overstretch of the problem. The fact that it would have said anything about the author trying in Beta or Alpha wouldn't have made a change in your friends asking for a demo.
You could have easily explain them about the rolling stages that last weeks for new features. I have seen more negativity the lately over the internet.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Can these bloggers who show all these new features care to comment on who does and who doesn't get it( alpha /beta/region based?)

@The OP (and those who agree with him / her), you are basically asking these guys to document every single feature that is available on every single version of Cortana.

That is why Jazmac said what he said, let me put this into perspective this like asking them to write every article in every single spoken language or to respond to every single tip that comes in individually - impossible, they are not machines that do not have a social life or families.

Cortana is in a different status (i.e alpha, beta) for the released regions for a reason, it is not the finished article and won't be for a long time.

So Sorry If you didn't read the last few posts and a part of the first post itself. It is quoted above. All that was needed was a comment on if it was the alpha beta or certain regions that were getting it. At no point in time were the expected to leave their family lives to go to work.

I think the next new thread should be a bit disappointed in users who either don't read the entire post or misread the posts before giving their 2 bobs worth. :amaze:

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

What I meant was already conveyed in my previous comments. Don't expect me to hold your hand and walk you through the process :p
Its upto your intelligence to decipher what I said!
I would rather not because this debate seems to be going downhill quickly into backhanded insults. I prefer a positive/conductive argument instead of what you are trying to direct this conversation to.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I think that this is an overstretch of the problem. The fact that it would have said anything about the author trying in Beta or Alpha wouldn't have made a change in your friends asking for a demo.
You could have easily explain them about the rolling stages that last weeks for new features. I have seen more negativity the lately over the internet.

I don't know! would it matter if they are into gizmos and gadgets but don't give a second look towards WP specially Nokias since the last S60 models they saw. It might be interesting to you to know that they do know what is Alpha and Beta and also some features of Cortana wowed them compared to Siri that they have. I didn't say I felt Suicidal or depressed, I was a bit disappointed and embarrassed please don't over read my post.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I would rather not because this debate seems to be going downhill quickly into backhanded insults. I prefer a positive/conductive argument instead of what you are trying to direct this conversation to.

If your comments were positive then mine too! I still stand by the fact that bloggers need to take care of such details. I justified my points instead of covering their mistakes. So, you took it to wrong direction, it appears!

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I am sorry I think I get it now. The meaning of my post is still rolling out and not available to all users. Please restart/ reread my posts and check for updates.
Not once was it mentioned as roll out or anything like that
Untitled1.jpg
It even has a thank you note to some one who tipped the blogger. So like many out here should I assume that the blogger went running out to his little laptop and blogged out this post showing off the new feature, just like many people here assumed I did.

The Blog does not have much detail but that does not worry me. I just feel that whatever was submitted was kinda sort incomplete.

Yeah and they forgot to mention that they were on the AT&T network using a Lumia 1520 in their bedroom in an apartment in NYC wearing bunny slippers, one with a slight tear by the heel, drinking a cup of coffee listening to The Beach Boys on their new Samsung soundbar while their bagel was in the toaster. It's their job to give us the facts, and all the facts. Shame on them!

hehehe Berty I see what you did there you cheeky little :devil: lol humour is best when it comes to breaking Ice

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

If your comments were positive then mine too! I still stand by the fact that bloggers need to take care of such details. I justified my points instead of covering their mistakes. So, you took it to wrong direction, it appears!
I'll agree to disagree. That is all.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

It would have been cooler if Cortana flipped you the bird. Who cares about flipping a coin ?
"here check out what Cortana can do" ...F U ! :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3