No Cortana on my Lumia 525, wp8.1, cyan update, India.

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't get Cortana on my Lumia 525 with 8.1 & cyan update😞. Cortana Is released in alpha version for India but i don't get it till now😓. Region: India, language: English India, speech: English UK. I did all of them and restarted BUT no Cortana. Disappointed! Any help.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I keep answering this question. I should copy the answer somewhere...

Cortana is not available on WP8.1 except in the US. All other places require Update 1 which is only available on DP.

If you don't want DP you need to have all your settings to US only.

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay okay, cool😇 N_LaRUE. Thanx for the reply. I got a news that Cortana in alpha version is released in India, so enquiring about that. I bought Lumia just for windows & Cortana and hence excited, no, hyper-excited for Cortana and out of curiosity asked it all the way in the newly installed wpcentral app. Meanwhile, Your idea of having a copy of the answer is really great😅😋😉 Thanks for the reply👍. We need the guys like you in this forum to get help.😊

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay okay, cool�� N_LaRUE. Thanx for the reply. I got a news that Cortana in alpha version is released in India, so enquiring about that. I bought Lumia just for windows & Cortana and hence excited, no, hyper-excited for Cortana and out of curiosity asked it all the way in the newly installed wpcentral app. Meanwhile, Your idea of having a copy of the answer is really great������ Thanks for the reply��. We need the guys like you in this forum to get help.��

I don't mind answering questions but there is a search function available on the forum. :)

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I keep answering this question. I should copy the answer somewhere...

Cortana is not available on WP8.1 except in the US. All other places require Update 1 which is only available on DP.

If you don't want DP you need to have all your settings to US only.
Update 1 was recently rolled out in the UK, for everyone. DP not required, see.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I know that L930 got Update 1. Nothing else has been announced. It wasn't relevant to this thread.

Hmmm...
Depends on what you class as "relevant".
See you stated only folks with US Update 1 have Cortana unless running the DP. That's incorrect; I was ensuring accuracy in the thread.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...
Depends on what you class as "relevant".
See you stated only folks with US Update 1 have Cortana unless running the DP. That's incorrect; I was ensuring accuracy in the thread.

You read it wrong.

I said in the US it's WP8.1.

In the rest of the world where it's available it's with Update 1.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You're right, I did read it wonkliy. Oops.

But, you did say Update 1 is only available on the DP? Yes? Or no?

Yes I did because they were talking about the L525, not the L930. Had they mentioned the L930 I would have said they should get WP8.1.1. I try to keep things simple when offering advice.

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay guys, with all your long way comments😉😋 I finally understood that I need to have another update to get cortana on L525 in India.
When is this update going to roll out in India😵. Eagerly waiting👀

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12