How to use Cortana in India? Help!

dharamjchauhan

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I've tried several methods to use Cortana in India. But none of it seems to work. I even corresponded with Nokia India helpline but the details they provided doesn't work either.
I've tried following methods:
a) Changing region to United States.
Language: English (US).
Speech: English (US).
b) Changing region to India.
Language: English (UK).
Speech: English (UK).
Note: This information was provided by Nokia India.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So unless you don't get 'Win Phone 8.1 Update 1' you won't get Cortana Alpha right? (I'm NOT talking about the DP here).
Sigh!. waiting with excitement!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So unless you don't get 'Win Phone 8.1 Update 1' you won't get Cortana Alpha right? (I'm NOT talking about the DP here).

Exactly, you need Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 for Cortana outside the US.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Trust me, it'll be worth the wait. If you use the settings I posted then it will only be the Alpha version which doesn't have as many features as the beta but can still do a fair amount of things the beta can do.

Arvind Panwar

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, it'll be worth the wait. If you use the settings I posted then it will only be the Alpha version which doesn't have as many features as the beta but can still do a fair amount of things the beta can do.
I have it in alpha...but isn't talking...is it coz its in alpha or some prob with settings...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss