I have the Lumia 925 running Cyan version 8.10.12393.890. My region settings are set as Country / Region: China, and Regional Format: English (Canada). I was under the impression that Cortana was available in China (as Xiao Na, or even as the default). However, I do not see it in the list of applications under Settings, where I can turn it on/off. Can somebody please help me get this going?
    11-03-2014 06:25 AM
    You need DP and Update 1 to get Xiao Na /Cortana - Microsoft announces Cortana for China, UK with 'alpha' status for India, Australia, and Canada | Windows Central

The only other way to use it without having Update 1 is to have all settings set to US but whether that works on the Chinese variant I don't know.

If you want to use DP read this - All you need to know about the Windows Phone 8.1 'Preview for Developers' | Windows Central
    11-03-2014 06:58 AM
    I have the Lumia 925 running Cyan version 8.10.12393.890. My region settings are set as Country / Region: China, and Regional Format: English (Canada). I was under the impression that Cortana was available in China (as Xiao Na, or even as the default). However, I do not see it in the list of applications under Settings, where I can turn it on/off. Can somebody please help me get this going?
    It's not just the region, everything has to be set to China AFAIK. N_LaRUE is also right in that you need Update 1 as well.
    11-03-2014 08:01 AM
    I initially was using Cortana fully with the Developers Preview. Lanuage & Regional Settings need to be set to US.

But since Cortana officially rolled out in China apart from Weather inquiries I can not get any response in English. Even then, though she speaks the weather forecast in English the accompanying information provided in text is all Chinese Simplified expect that which is numerical.

She no longer tells jokes, responds to all commands with Bing search results with Chinese results first. She doesn't even respond to "whats my name?" any longer, she responds to "Who am I?" in Chinese.
    11-04-2014 02:33 AM