Quiet Hours

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have just enabled Cortana, however, I seem to not have Quiet Hours.

I always get a message saying: "To use quiet hours, you'll need to make sure Cortana is turned on, Battery Saver isn't conserving power at the moment and Driving Mode isn't active."

To answer to this message: Cortana IS turned on, Battery Saver is off. and I never even activated Driving Mode in the first place.

Any help how I can overcome this to be able to use this vital feature, please?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have just enabled Cortana, however, I seem to not have Quiet Hours.

I always get a message saying: "To use quiet hours, you'll need to make sure Cortana is turned on, Battery Saver isn't conserving power at the moment and Driving Mode isn't active."

To answer to this message: Cortana IS turned on, Battery Saver is off. and I never even activated Driving Mode in the first place.

Any help how I can overcome this to be able to use this vital feature, please?

What OS version are you running? Are you in developer preview?

In the latest developer preview version (8.10.14192.280), you should be able to see quiet hours under Settings > quiet hours. In there, you can find a customization options.

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I am in developer preview and also Cyan, with the latest OS version as you state above.

However, even when I go to Quiet Hours via settings, I get the same message :(.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Solved! for some reason, Cortana was not allowed to run in the background.

thanks!

Good to hear, yeah Cortana needs to be set to always run in the background ideally. That's how Cortana is set on my phone and Cortana is the only one set to that setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs