Asking cortana for traffic on my way to <wherever>.

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, can anyone else confirm or not:

When I ask "What's traffic like on my way to Oakbrook, IL?" she says "I can't see traffic right now, but it usually takes <however long>". (even though the map clearly shows traffic conditions and she's been able to provide this information before). Same with any other place I try, such as "home" or "work".

Anyone else?

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck getting this feature restored? Mine hasn't worked since the last PfD update a few weeks ago and I'm really missing the traffic feature.

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Come to think of it, other aspects of Cortana haven't been up to snuff since the 14203 update either. For example, when I try to send a text message such as "Text my girlfriend I'm heading over now", Cortana will ask me who I want to text and what the message is. This worked flawlessly before the update, now it rarely works. Speaking the same commands with Bluetooth off or even typing them in gives the same failed results. I'm wondering if there is a breaking change in the last update with the back end services?

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What's odd for me is that although Cortana says she can't "see" the traffic, her estimated travel times do reflect the traffic conditions correctly.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine works good but gives me the wrong time from when I supposed to leave from home. I leave my house at 6am but shows all the time to leave and traffic detail at 5am.

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, this feature started (mostly) working again without any action on my part. However, Cortana now always says that "traffic is moving freely" even if there are giant obvious red swaths of traffic along the suggested route. I'm not sure what's worse, traffic not working, or working but with wrong information?! :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon