L830 + Dev. Preview unable to get Cortana with correct region&Language settings

David Van Ryn

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

As the titel says, it is impossible to get cortana to show up in app list. I have set it to US on all the required settings (region, language, Keyboard, etc)
Any ideas?

I am using a Lumia 830 + the Preview, everything works, ecept Battery usage app, this one crashes sometimes. But the most annoying things is not being able to use Cortana :(

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
That happened to me on 930. My initial setup was US region, but I changed it to purchase an app from store. After returning to US, Cortana was missing. I guess hard reset would do the yob, but it's not an option for me. Kinda hoped that after todays PfD update she would be back, but nothing... :/

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft needs to cut the crap with forcing people to use specific settings to unlock Cortana. If the voice is set to a speech mode supported, she should be unlocked, pure and simple.

batboris

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Go to languages and see if the English language requires voice files to be downloaded. If you install the phone and specify other language, the required English files will not be downloaded by default. Cortana requires those files to talk to you ;)

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Go to languages and see if the English language requires voice files to be downloaded. If you install the phone and specify other language, the required English files will not be downloaded by default. Cortana requires those files to talk to you ;)

Thanks, but it seems that's not it. There is a bug. I hope it will be fixed soon. :)

David Van Ryn

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I notice a horrible lag with the Lumia 830, i think Cortana introduced this. As i cannot remember seeing it before i did all this.
to be perfectly honest though, after switching from a Lumia 820 to 830 i did notice that the frame-rate on the L830 are noticeably less, and this makes for a less enjoyable experience. :(

I really hope they will optimize this in future updates or i will probably start feeling the need to switch phones again pretty soon :(
I dont want this, i like the looks of this phone, guess i was expecting more from this device then it offers :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte