Cortana weather alerts

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Cortana has been giving me wind and winter weather advisories all day. Seriously, I've probably had 10 of them. It's not even that useful because it doesn't link to any content. Is there any way to turn this feature off?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Cortana has been giving me wind and winter weather advisories all day. Seriously, I've probably had 10 of them. It's not even that useful because it doesn't link to any content. Is there any way to turn this feature off?

Lol is there a storm in your area???

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Yup. If I weren't already aware of it because of the alerts on my weather tiles, I'd certainly have gotten the point after one or two alerts!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, well I remember reading once (when Cortana was first launched) that she would warn you if there were storms in your area and also if there are amber alerts.. Looking for the settings now...

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for trying, but it's definitely not AMBER alerts. Those are not related to Cortana. These are different.

cortana weather screenshot.png

No one needs to see this many alerts.

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am getting the same thing every 10 minutes about this major disaster (not really) storm coming to the East Coast. Is the forecast changing every 10 minutes and that's why it has to alert each time? The first notice is fine then if there are any major changes alert me. Thank you Cortana.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You could temporarily remove Weather from your Cortana Interests...

It should be coded in the message to skip users who already received. This part breaks down sometimes. Weather alerts, AMBER, all types of push notifications of an external alert type. I've had poorly coded Amber Alerts that would not quiet after receipt. I've not had one via Cortana and Weather Interest yet.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Aha! I hadn't thought of weather being an interest. But I think that everything she shows you on that splash page would be an interest. I tried turning just unchecking "notify me when there are weather incidents" and we'll see what happens.

There was clearly something about this East Coast US storm that had quite so many alerts being generated. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon