11-16-2016 10:52 AM
58 123
tools
    just say "Set up the temperature as Celsius." to Cortana and it will display celsius next time you ask weather.
    10-20-2015 09:11 AM
    There is nothing wrong with Fahrenheit nor Celsius! (Fahrenheit - German Scientist)

Unfortunately the USA, respectively most of its citizens see the world as the backyard of the USA.

Why???,

Beats me!!!

Russia won World War II

Russia won World War II by defeating Germany in the Winter of 1941/42 and drove the German armies back into Germany and arrived there in 1944. The US of A and their hanger ons Britain waited for 5 years to see how the 6 Million Russians would go against a 500.000 Soldiers strong German Army.
    On the 6/6/1944 the Western Allies could see that there were not many German soldiers left in France because the Germans tried unsuccessfully to block the Russians from advancing. The US and British troops arrived in 1945 in Germany (what took them so long) and the Russians retreated eastwards so that the Western Allies could come into Berlin. I have never heard any western politician thanking Russia for defeating Hitler's Germany and losing 9 Million lives in the process.

German Scientists taught the US Americans how to built jet engines and rockets!

Wernher von Braun (was the Boss of NASA) and Kurt Heinrich Debus (became the first director of NASA's Kennedy Space Centre in 1962) were German V-2 rocket scientists during World War II who were being brought to the United States under Operation Paper clip in 1945.

Electronics and Transistor

USA Military hunters were looking for scientists who had developed things like new rocket and aircraft designs, medicines, and electronics. 88 Scientists were taken for their jet - and rocket engine expertise. It is really not known how many were taken in the other advanced fields developed in Germany. Certainly more than 1000.

Anyhow, it did not take long in the USA before a mass discovery of inventions broke lose after 1945. Jet Planes, Rockets, Transistor, Computers, large numbers of new technologies, medical Drugs and on and on.

Do you wonder why? I don't!

What would the USA be without the rest of the World ???

One thing the USA is truly the World Champion of all times in, WAR!

The USA has killed more than 20.000.000 People (20 Million, conservative estimates) during "Peace" times since WWII by invading 78 foreign countries including killing US citizens within the USA. This would make Stalin, Hitler, Mao or Pol Pot blush with envy.

The American Dream

The American dream has come true for very few people in the USA. I usually say:" The Americans have their dream but the Germans live it". You are dirt in the USA if you are not rich but if you are rich you have almost unfettered power over others. How many are rich?

1% of the USA Populous has 43% of the USA wealth, next 4% have 28%, next 5% have 11%, next 10% have 12% and the left 80% of the USA population share 7% of the AMERICAN WEALTH PIE! (you can Google it like every thing else I state in this post)

This leaves Europeans gob-smacked! Wealth distribution is much more evened out in Europe.

If you are ruthless you get much further in the USA than in any other civilized country on this earth. US money truly talks! Only a small minority has it! The rest works often 2, 3 or 4 jobs to make end meet. Not 10 horses would get me into the USA to live.
    I thought a little history lesson wouldn't hurt any USA citizen because the perceived island paradise they live in does not exist!

I have respect for my fellow travellers on this planet. This planet belongs to all of us.

Microsoft: I don't want to complain about WINDOWS 10 and its shortcomings because it is for free, Gift horse .....! Still, only 3 countries in the world have not the metric system, USA, Liberia and Burma!

Every time I try to get some overseas temperatures I have to get the calculator out to convert from F to C. Lets hope MS realises soon that the bulk of Win 10 is not in the USA.
    11-05-2015 11:28 PM
    My previous reply was to Jas00555 who stated :

"Currently, Cortana is US English only, so no Celsius. Maybe if the rest of the world caught up with the US, you wouldn't have this problem."

The USA would do well in many areas if it was catching up with the world, e.g. wide spread poverty !
    11-05-2015 11:34 PM
    What a bunch of idiots! Why use an old illogical Polish notation?
    With the metric system it so easy, 0 degrees water ice, 100 degrees water boils ...
    11-20-2015 12:24 PM
    Like the US is the most advanced country in the world.
    05-18-2016 11:42 PM
    Simple. Click Cortana box, on top there's the weather info. Click the three dotted button and select "edit in notebook". Scroll down and under units select Celsius.
    05-18-2016 11:57 PM
    I would like to revamp this topic. Yes, clicking the dots and setting temperature to Celsius works for the Weather information when you start Cortana. But when you ask her by voice the temperature, which is sometimes more easy (especially with a MS Band), she'll still use Fahrenheit when you use the US Cortana. Anyone figured a way out to change that?
    09-27-2016 12:47 PM
    fh.jpg

Open Cortana tap on hamburguer menu > Notebook > Weather:
    8f02fa8c-20fc-43e0-a83d-d281db8d88c9.jpg
    Weather > Units. Tap on Fahrenheit then change to Celsius > Save.
    7e22e37f-e3b3-4669-a93f-25e50ed55eac.jpg

Then:
    642b2931-d913-45af-b85a-75562a3990cf.jpg

And we are done!
    celcius.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails caderno.jpg  
    11-16-2016 10:52 AM
58 123