Is Cortana prejudiced?

Lumiaphone525

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Is cortana racist? It does only work when I set my region, language and speech to United States. When I had all my settings to Canada, it didn't work at all. What's up with that? :angry:

Mine was opposite. When i set to UK or Canada she works fine. When set to US she keep silent. What is happening?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here my setting:
View attachment 96047

Is there something i missing?

I can't see the attachment... You may have put your IMEI on the screen and the pic got removed. There should have been 3 screen shots in any case; Region, Language and Speech. Seems you only posted one pic so I would not have been able to tell what was off anyway.

Is there a reason YOU can't follow the charts I linked? Here it is in a screen capture:

Capture.JPG

If you want Cortana as a US Beta, Region must be United States, Language must be English (United States) and Speech must be Female + English (United States).

ALSO... In Language, hold down on English (United States) > tap "move to the top" from the popup menu. The appropriate Language for these settings MUST be at the top of your list of Languages...

Lumiaphone525

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I can't see the attachment... You may have put your IMEI on the screen and the pic got removed. There should have been 3 screen shots in any case; Region, Language and Speech. Seems you only posted one pic so I would not have been able to tell what was off anyway.

Here the screen shots

wp_ss_20150207_0003.png

wp_ss_20150207_0004.png

wp_ss_20150207_0005.png

Is there something wrong with my setting?

Lumiana

Banned
Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
You think you got problems. I am in London, England and have not got Jen Taylors voice for cortana. Got some unknown English tart. She will soon ask me to make the tea and bring some scones no doubt !!

Lumiaphone525

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
That all looks right...

Have you read in these threads?

Already done. I dont know what i'm missing. Cortana UK and Canada setting works like charm in my phone but when come to Cortana US she become silent. I am confused :angry: Heard in some forum there might be a server related. Is it possible?

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
give us the choice to use it with an option to turn her on or off, why force us to change the region?, give us that 'Beta' Cortana!!!!
OR
WILL SHE COME OUT OF BETA IN OUR LIFE TIME? AFTER HOW MANY YEARS?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
give us the choice to use it with an option to turn her on or off, why force us to change the region?, give us that 'Beta' Cortana!!!!
OR
WILL SHE COME OUT OF BETA IN OUR LIFE TIME? AFTER HOW MANY YEARS?

Whether or not Cortana will come out of beta in your lifetime is an answer that varies by individual. If you get hit by a speeding bus before you go to bed tonight, then she won't come out of beta in your life time. If you live another 500 years, then chances are she'll be out of beta by the time she teams up with Master Chief about that time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05