Is Cortana prejudiced?

Hafiz Temuri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Is cortana racist? It does only work when I set my region, language and speech to United States. When I had all my settings to Canada, it didn't work at all. What's up with that? :angry:

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Is cortana racist? It does only work when I set my region, language and speech to United States. When I had all my settings to Canada, it didn't work at all. What's up with that? :angry:

That would be nationalist, not racist. There's more than one race in the U.S. & Canada, LOL.

She just hasn't been fine tuned for most other regions yet. You know dialect, languages, etc.

Edit-added Canada

Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure. But when I turned on my front facing camera, she called me a "cracker." What's up with that?

Yeah, Canadian isn't a race. Boston marathon, now that was a race.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cortana is a Beta in the US and an Alpha in Canada... US gets in under a lower OS version number. You must not be on Preview for Developers.

Check these charts for requirements.

Cortana est une version B?ta aux ?tats-Unis et un Alpha au Canada... U.S. obtient sous un num?ro de version d'OS inf?rieur. Il ne faut pas sur l'Aper?u pour les d?veloppeurs.

Consultez ces tableaux pour les exigences.

When, where, and on what phones is Cortana available? How to - Microsoft Community

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Cortana has yet to call me a Cracker, much less a WASP. I'm more perturbed at how difficult it is to get her to tell a dirty joke. But that's how we roll.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Cortana has yet to call me a Cracker, much less a WASP. I'm more perturbed at how difficult it is to get her to tell a dirty joke. But that's how we roll.

Someone should put it into the Microsoft UserVoice to have Cortana, when you tell her, "Tell me a dirty joke", to reply, "A white horse fell in the mud." That was the "dirty" joke when I was a kid.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
People seem to forget that Cortana is STILL beta software.... As already pointed out, it is still being 'fine tuned'.

What works best for me, is to completely turn off Cortana all together. That way all problems are gone... Aaaaahhhh!!!!

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
😁
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_original(1).jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_original(1).jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 154

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People seem to forget that Cortana is STILL beta software.... As already pointed out, it is still being 'fine tuned'.

What works best for me, is to completely turn off Cortana all together. That way all problems are gone... Aaaaahhhh!!!!

Cortana has solved waaaaay more problems for me than caused them.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Ha! Got the same answer on my Lumia with 8.1. On my tablet with Win 10, Hey Cortana also came back with "A circle may be infinite, but my answers are not." :evil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss