English Cortana problems

Lumiana

Banned
Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has any ideas to these....

1) Cortana can do impressions but ask for weather and she wont speak only bring up web page

2) "hey Cortana" not enabled. Thought it was meant to be with this update

3) not anything to do with camera but for 4K recording I can't tell difference between that and 1080

4) should I take pics using raw or not? I mean will I see the difference on my phone. I can't at the moment

This is not a complaint but just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this as the American Cortana was fine. Hate the English voice of our one tho. Sounds like a robot

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Enable Hey Cortana via the settings menu in the System settings NOT Cortana settings. Last entry on the list.
You can choose the video quality in settings. Push it up high if you want
First of all Cortana wouldn't work for me but then she just started working well. Giving me weather forecasts. It may be that she doesn't know your location?!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has any ideas to these....

3) not anything to do with camera but for 4K recording I can't tell difference between that and 1080

4) should I take pics using raw or not? I mean will I see the difference on my phone. I can't at the moment

3) Do you mean you do not see a difference if you play back a 1080 or 4K.
That's true to see the difference you need a 4k tv. And there you see the difference .
One difference you will see on your phone is the size of the file. 4k is much larger than 1080.

4 On your phone you only can see the 5mp picture in the photo hub. The raw version you can use for al kind of editing.
So if you only look to the pictures on your phone or pc the raw is not needed.

Lumiana

Banned
Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Enable Hey Cortana via the settings menu in the System settings NOT Cortana settings. Last entry on the list.
You can choose the video quality in settings. Push it up high if you want
First of all Cortana wouldn't work for me but then she just started working well. Giving me weather forecasts. It may be that she doesn't know your location?!

Ooooo I can't see it on the list

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Cortana, the most amazing feature of Windows Phone 8.1 is right now in beta and restricted to US only. There is a clear logic on why Microsoft has done it but then it doesn?t stop one to try it for features that can work on phone e.g. Setting up a reminder and so on. That said, if you are outside US and want to enable Cortana on your phone, you can do it by enabling regional settings on your phone.

If we're only talking about English Cortana, the beta is available in the US and UK. The (English) alpha is available in Australia, Canada and India.
Cortana is also available in several other countries and languages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven