On my 930 after installing the denim update I find Hey Cortana disabled. "Make sure your region and speech language match your current display language." Unfortunately there is no option in settings for speech as Australian English . Any ideas for workarounds?
    EssThree likes this.
    02-03-2015 10:42 AM
    The only work around I've found so far is switching your country to UK. You can leave your phone language and regional format Australia, but the country has to be set to UK.

This is yet another reason why Microsoft absolutely should remove the "same speech/country" requirement for Cortana. It's stupid, frustrating and feature breaking. I tried to set up "Hey Cortana" for my mum, but I'm not going to use a workaround for her just in case it breaks something else. This stuff should be SIMPLE. (Also I find the UK Cortana voice atrocious, but that's another story).
    Captains and klinkpc like this.
    02-03-2015 12:31 PM
    I've got the same issue, is like to use the US Cortana voice too but leave all the funky imperial/date formats alone 😞
    02-05-2015 06:17 AM