Cortana Offline Recognition?

J-Caum

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not trying to compare WP8.1 to others. Just my experience.

However, I can't not do this with this one small thing. In my past experience with Android, there was some form of voice recognition that worked offline.. or I was smoking crack and didn't know it.

My only one gripe is when I want to navigate home or to even type in an address to navigate sometimes it just flat-out doesn't work. Why can't Cortana know what home sounds like in my voice, so my offline navigation and such can still work if I don't have LTE data at the time? Also, why can't cortana recognize that if the search box says "Navigate to 123 Fox Way, Chicago, IL" that it would know to throw everything after "navigate to..." to the search box in HERE Maps? Similar problem: when I type "navigate to 123 fox way chicago il" in the Cortana search box and don't have internet, Cortana just says "I'm sorry, the internet and I aren't talking right now". Yet, when I go to HERE Maps and type in an address, still while offline, it works in seconds.

There's nothing worse than not knowing where you are and if you're going in the wrong or right direction, in an area that doesn't have cell data coverage and all you want is to get home and Cortana says she can't... even though typing in HERE maps totally works. :angry:

Lumiaphone525

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I know its bad when the important thing you want and Cortana has to be online to get it. But she still in Beta. Hopefully by this year Cortana can functioning well and beat their rivals.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
There's nothing worse than not knowing where you are and if you're going in the wrong or right direction, in an area that doesn't have cell data coverage and all you want is to get home and Cortana says she can't... even though typing in HERE maps totally works. :angry:

I don't want to be judgemental.
1 But do you realize that Cortana is not available in a lot of countries.
2 What if your battery is flat or your phone is broken or nicked.
3 Is it that big a problem to pin HERE drive on your start screen. Tap it to open, tap favourites and tap Home?

J-Caum

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I honestly didn't think or look for favorites in maps for home. I'll take a look for it and do that next time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb