Cortana Denim and Car Bluetooth

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi. After Denim, Lumia Icon, if the ringer is silent, Cortana will not read texts thru the car BT system. Ringer not silent, everything works fine. Tried with 2 Icons. This is on a BMW BT system. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
This worked fine before Denim at least in the car, since I would silence the ringer while at work and when I got in the car, Cortana would read and send texts. Tried looking for a setting to correct this. Nothing. Is this "by design"? Don't understand why setting the ringer off would stop Cortana...

andy2windy

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Same result without Cortana - I don't use it.

I agree, this problem didn't exist for me prior to 8.1/Denim.I don't understand it either.

Reading a text is NOT a ringer.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, every time there is any OS or firmware updates on any of my WPs, I have to delete the phone from the car's list of paired devices AND delete the car from the phone's list of pairings. If I don't, some things including what the OP reported, don't work right despite other functions being normal. Deleting it just one way and repairing did NOT restore normal operations. It took both.

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Just to test, I had done that, remove and recreate, with the same results. If ringer off, no texts read by Cortana.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Does it even go into the mode that appears like she is trying to read them? I turn my ringer and phone volume down to zero while at work...when I get back in the car if I don't turn it back up she tries to read the texts but they just come across as no sound.

My devices: Lumia 920 w/ a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium (MFT / SYNC)

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Uconnect Bluetooth feature with my factory Jeep stereo in early 2014. It worked pretty great with voice, music and reading and replying to texts via the "Tell me" service. Enter Cortana and Denim and goodbye reading of texts. This is definitely a Uconnect issue. I recently used Cortana with 2 different rentals (Ford and Toyota) and both were great Cortana experiences.

I take very ling trips and really need Bluetooth text message capability and "Hey, Cortana" would be pretty great. Anyone have luck with Cortana on aftermarket units? If so, which brands?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99