I am not able to train/ save "Hey, cortana" on my 1520 after denim update either. I tried all possible way but it doesnt accept any voice. Any ideas on training it? Did you guys get it to working?
    02-26-2015 09:40 PM
    Yes but you have to enable " Hey Cortana" in the settings first. Have you enabled it?
    02-27-2015 02:12 AM
    I can't train Cortana either. I have the applet in my settings but no matter how I hold the phone and speak all I get is the "Sorry, didn't catch that" screen.
    02-28-2015 04:47 PM
    I can't train Cortana either. I have the applet in my settings but no matter how I hold the phone and speak all I get is the "Sorry, didn't catch that" screen.
    Are you sure your mic has no problem. So can you record a video with "noise" or use a memo app to record something.
    02-28-2015 05:05 PM
    I found it strange that I actually had to hold my 1520.3 exactly as it instructed for the training to work. If I attempted to train it with the phone sitting on a counter but my mouth in the exact same relation to the phone as when I hold it, it refused to learn. But it learned easily when I held the phone. That made me suspect it would have problems working if I wasn't holding the phone just so, but no. "Hey Cortana" works fine even when the phone is laying on a counter beyond reach.

I know that doesn't seem relevant to the OP's post but who knows maybe there is some hidden clues in there somewhere.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    03-03-2015 09:41 AM
    Another weird issue with Hey Cortana:

Yesterday I installed Denim on my 1520.3. Today I noticed I could no longer "call" Cortana over my car's bluetooth. I did a soft reset and call Cortana was back. Then later Hey Cortana didn't work. Settings showed it was enabled but no matter how I said "hey Cortana", it didn't respond. I disabled hey Cortana and erased the learning for it and turned it back on and went thru the learning again. Everything is back to normal now.

So, it seems like a soft reset may break hey Cortana and force you to teach it all over again.
    03-03-2015 01:17 PM
    Are you sure your mic has no problem. So can you record a video with "noise" or use a memo app to record something.
    I just checked, and yes, the mic works.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    03-03-2015 06:33 PM
    I also am unable to train Cortana. I turned it on then went to the Hey Cortana in the settings and tried to train her but was always told "Sorry, didn't catch that" screen. I tried several times. Just a few minutes ago my son told me that maybe my case was covering up a mic and to try with the phone out of the case. Well I tried and same result, It never heard me. I checked by recording a video and no problem with sound in a video. For some reason Cortana just is unable to be trained.

Any suggestions?
    03-07-2015 10:50 AM
    I also am unable to train Cortana. I turned it on then went to the Hey Cortana in the settings and tried to train her but was always told "Sorry, didn't catch that" screen. I tried several times. Just a few minutes ago my son told me that maybe my case was covering up a mic and to try with the phone out of the case. Well I tried and same result, It never heard me. I checked by recording a video and no problem with sound in a video. For some reason Cortana just is unable to be trained.

Any suggestions?
    Can anyone else train Hey Cortana on your phone? Knowing if they can or can not may help to figure it out.
    03-07-2015 12:14 PM
    As said above, hold the phone exactly as shown in the instructions.
    strangely, its the only way it recognises your voice.
    03-07-2015 12:19 PM
    Has anyone else had denim update for L635 this weekend and not got the 'hey cortana' voice activated command. Is there a fix for it? It's not in the settings as an option for hands free use.
    I'm able to set up all that I'm asked for by cortana and I can ask her to do commands when phone turned on (she responds) and using screen app icon for cortana but there is no tick-box in cortana's settings that allows the hands free command 'hey cortana' to be initialised. Is that not avaiable on the L635?
    Derbio
    Last edited by derbio; 03-09-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: More info
    03-09-2015 08:21 AM
    Has anyone else had denim update for L635 this weekend and not got the 'hey cortana' voice activated command. Is there a fix for it? It's not in the settings as an option for hands free use.
    I think only the 930, 1520, and the HTC M8 are the only phones to support that function.
    03-09-2015 08:30 AM
    Jazmac
    On my L635 that setting does not exist.
    derbio
    03-09-2015 08:34 AM
    Only phones with snapdragon 800 processor can run Hey Cortana
    03-09-2015 08:38 AM
    I was very surprised to say the least when the upgrade included cortana for the L635 as I had previously been informed that this phone could not accept the cortana app. The Bluetooth voice activated app would have been a godsend as dialling out whilst driving is a task for an octopus not a two armed human.
    derbio
    03-09-2015 08:40 AM
    Anism
    That's how I read it previously but like I said I wasn't expecting cortana at all, knew about limitations of processor hoped they had found a way around it.
    derbio
    03-09-2015 08:43 AM
    #Windows Central m lumia 930 user India and also denim update but i can't find under settings hey cortana pls help...?
    03-12-2015 01:38 AM
    I'm "glad" I'm not alone on this one :). I thought it was my accent (I'm Portuguese).
    After probably 100 tries, I finally managed to repeat the "hey Cortana" 5 times... Weird... Something is wrong...and probably in the sw. Hopefully some patch will arrive.
    03-14-2015 06:11 AM
    Exup, same with me. My English is too far from perfect, even on my native language the diction is poor, thus I repeated this magic Hey few dozens of times. On each of 5 steps. Finally it works and Cortana recognizes my Hey from first attempt. Be more correct, chipset engine which launch Cortana. She itself understands me much better.
    Exup likes this.
    03-14-2015 10:11 AM
    I've managed to train Cortana on my 1520 with Denim although she is a bit flakey in the mornings for some reason and I have to shout.
    03-14-2015 10:51 AM
    Exup, same with me. My English is too far from perfect, even on my native language the diction is poor, thus I repeated this magic Hey few dozens of times. On each of 5 steps. Finally it works and Cortana recognizes my Hey from first attempt. Be more correct, chipset engine which launch Cortana. She itself understands me much better.
    Thanks... I tried probably 50 times...and finally worked :-D

It's now working correctly :-)
    03-15-2015 02:42 PM
    My 930 has the same problem. At first, I thought this is a mic problem. But my camera, record and call speaker work perfect. I think it is a isssue of firware. Anyone can train her?
    03-30-2015 09:03 AM
    I know this is an older thread, but I just got a brand new Lumia 930 and was having that issue as well. After a few tries though, I discovered that you gotta make sure each syllable is pronounced very clearly for her to understand it. Also, you gotta train it with the phone right in front of you. Once the process was done, I could talk normally and Cortana understood just fine. Hopefully anyone else that sees this thread can try it and see if works for them.
    07-12-2015 03:12 AM
    Hey im having the same issue, i also tried setting my region and language to US, but the app thats needed isnt on the store anymore.
    07-22-2015 11:56 PM
    same issue here
    07-24-2015 04:05 PM