Soo my dad died a little while ago and every once in a while I look down and Cortana suggests "text dad" which makes me randomly emotional. I took his death pretty hard and was even holding his hand when he died so I'd REALLY appreciate a way to remove that.
    02-28-2015 11:45 PM
    Did you ever program Cortana to link dad to one of your contacts?? I remember when Cortana was new you could uninstall and then reinstall and she would start from scratch.
    Or you could ad a nice photo of your dad to the contact and eveytime Cortana gets it wrong you get to see a nice pic of your dad. Sorry for your loss and I hope this helps.
    02-28-2015 11:59 PM
    First, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Inside Cortana, tap on that hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner). Then tap on Inner Circle. You are going to have to remove your father's entry from there. We all know he is still in YOUR inner circle. It's not symbolic, it is just pragmatic. If it makes it easier, just edit out the nickname Dad from the inner circle contact and leave the nickname field blank.

This is not a random suggestion that Cortana is making. She has never once suggested to me that I text anyone out of the blue. Cortana only follows her training and you have trained her that a certain contact is named Dad. Remove the association and she will stop suggesting it. You shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall Cortana.
    Harrie-S and Natsuga like this.
    03-01-2015 01:51 AM