How do I get Cortana to stop suggesting text dad (my dad is dead)?

imsqueakafied

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
How to get Cortana to stop suggesting "text dad" (my dad is dead)

Soo my dad died a little while ago and every once in a while I look down and Cortana suggests "text dad" which makes me randomly emotional. I took his death pretty hard and was even holding his hand when he died so I'd REALLY appreciate a way to remove that.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to get Cortana to stop suggesting "text dad" (my dad is dead)

Did you ever program Cortana to link dad to one of your contacts?? I remember when Cortana was new you could uninstall and then reinstall and she would start from scratch.
Or you could ad a nice photo of your dad to the contact and eveytime Cortana gets it wrong you get to see a nice pic of your dad. Sorry for your loss and I hope this helps.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to get Cortana to stop suggesting "text dad" (my dad is dead)

First, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Inside Cortana, tap on that hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner). Then tap on Inner Circle. You are going to have to remove your father's entry from there. We all know he is still in YOUR inner circle. It's not symbolic, it is just pragmatic. If it makes it easier, just edit out the nickname Dad from the inner circle contact and leave the nickname field blank.

This is not a random suggestion that Cortana is making. She has never once suggested to me that I text anyone out of the blue. Cortana only follows her training and you have trained her that a certain contact is named Dad. Remove the association and she will stop suggesting it. You shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall Cortana.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre