How do I get Cortana to ignore Facebook contacts when dialing or texting?

EngineerBoy

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Have Cortana ignore Facebook contacts when dailing or texting

I have a Lumia 1050 with WP 8.1. When I ask Cortana to text or dial someone, and that someone has entries both in one of my phone books and also in Facebook, Cortana asks me which one I want to use. I want Cortana to only use my phone book and *not* offer me suggestions from Facebook.

I already have my People Hub configured to not show results from Facebook. I have also configured Cortana to not login to Facebook.

However, if I go to the People Hub and search for my wife, it still shows me both her Facebook and Contact info. This happens with multiple people and makes the voice assistance of Cortana essentially useless to me since I have to switch to the screen to select the one I want, thereby taking my eyes off the road (or whatever).

Is there something else I need to do other than configuring People Hub to not show Facebook contacts and configuring Cortana to not login to Facebook?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Have Cortana ignore Facebook contacts when dailing or texting

I removed Facebook from Outlook entirely.

EngineerBoy

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Jazmac, I'm not sure what you mean. I'm talking about a Windows Phone 8.1 and using the Cortana voice system. I want to keep the Facebook app installed on my phone. To reiterate, I already have Facebook phone integration disabled, and also have Facebook disabled in the People Hub, and I have Cortana configured to not login to Facebook.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Jazmac, I'm not sure what you mean. I'm talking about a Windows Phone 8.1 and using the Cortana voice system. I want to keep the Facebook app installed on my phone. To reiterate, I already have Facebook phone integration disabled, and also have Facebook disabled in the People Hub, and I have Cortana configured to not login to Facebook.

Yes, I got that. Cortana doesn't know my Facebook exists because I removed facebook syncing from Outlook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett