Why does Cortana load automatically in an endless loop while playing music?

mattjstein

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Cortana loads automatically in endless loop while playing music

Cortana recently started automatically going into "Listening" mode while I play music. This will happen in an endless loop. Few seconds of a song and then Cortana in listening mode.

I am running a 635 with the Denim Preview (I think).

Has this happened to anyone else? Sometimes the volume down action will also get into this endless loop without me pressing the volume down hard key.

Thanks,
Matt

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're using headphones, it may be them. There could be something wrong with an element on your headphones that's transmitting as a signal to open up voice commands. It's happened with a pair of headphones I had that were really old. They also didn't have a microphone.

If it's without the headphones, clean your screen off. Something might be pressing the button.

I don't know what your mean about the volume down issue. Is it happening without you touching anything? Or are you pressing the button and it keeps going? If it's the former, that's weird and you might want to reset your phone. If it's the latter then your key might be sticking.

Worst case scenario, your phone has some electrical problems and I'd send it back if that's the case. However, I doubt that highly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium