Cortana Alpha & Cortana Beta???

Thos Parkouristas

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I have a Lumia 820 and my mom has a Lumia 630 she has the Denim update installed and so do I but her Cortana is apparently called Cortana Alpha (the alpha name is located where the beta used to be) and my is Cortana Beta I also don't have the Music recognizing feature in Cortana. Does anybody know what's going on and how I could get Cortana Alpha?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I find this amusing because Cortana Alpha isn't as finished as Beta, although it may not be apparent.

What regions are the phones set to?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My mom's phone is set to Italy and mine to US

Cortana is primarily tied with the phone's region setting. US's Cortana Beta is more complete than most other regions.

Are you sure you're missing the music listen function? It should be there, and have you tried asking "what's playing" as well?

Thos Parkouristas

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I've tried numerous times but the reply that I would get is that something was going on with my network( it was actually bull**** my network worked well and the feature wasn't working)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried numerous times but the reply that I would get is that something was going on with my network( it was actually bull**** my network worked well and the feature wasn't working)

I'm (obviously) suspecting something's up with the network- do other Cortana features work?

Well, I suppose you can try changing your region to Italy (I'm on my phone, so I'm going off of memory) and see how that works?

Thos Parkouristas

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
If the network was the issue then why in my mom's phone the music recognition works like a charm???All the other cortana features work!!!Now I've changed the lanuage to Italian the Region to Italy and I am installing the language update for Cortana If anything changes I'll let you know!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If the network was the issue then why in my mom's phone the music recognition works like a charm???All the other cortana features work!!!Now I've changed the lanuage to Italian the Region to Italy and I am installing the language update for Cortana If anything changes I'll let you know!

I don't know! Region can very well be a factor!
OK Let us know!!!!!

Akhil rockstar

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
LOL 😁 !! No Alpha doesn't mean beta in Italian. Alpha is a testing stage that comes before beta and hence, has less features and reliability. Change your region to UK perhaps where Cortana is in beta and u'll probably get the music recognition feature again.

Thos Parkouristas

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
My phone is setted up to US and for example if i ask cortana what's this song the recognition starts but then a message pops up and tells me "I can't get to the internet right now. Make sure you're connected, then try again"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077