I heard there are apps that can I tell you where your family/friends are on the map. (Don't know which apps. Can you suggest me some good ones?)

Is it possible if my family/friend has a windows phone and I can ask Cortana to remind me to tell them about something if they are any where closer to my location?

For example, I want to give my bro a message when he comes home. So instead of writing it down on a note pad, I will tell Cortana to remind me about it. So once my bro is any where closer to my location Cortana will remind me.

Is this possible/worth having such a feature? Or is it already implemented?

Currently Cortana is Alpha in my device.
    Pedro Moreira likes this.
    03-30-2015 12:18 PM
    SquadWatch will.
    Last edited by TravisMcEndree; 04-01-2015 at 09:48 AM.
    Pedro Moreira and xandros9 like this.
    03-30-2015 01:12 PM
    People Sense will.
    Thanks for replying. Is this app released or a on going project? I can't seem to find it in the store.
    03-30-2015 11:30 PM
    Yeah I'd like to know too
    03-30-2015 11:45 PM
    I think that it is released, search in the Store or on Windows Central
    Sent using Tapatalk app Windows Phone.
    03-31-2015 09:56 AM
    The app the he was referring as People Sense, the real name in the Store is : SquadWatch.
    RumoredNow, xandros9 and Byrese like this.
    03-31-2015 10:05 AM
    I don't need Cortana to tell me when my in-laws are nearby. I just feel a disturbance in the force and I know.
    03-31-2015 11:58 AM
    The app the he was referring as People Sense, the real name in the Store is : SquadWatch.

Oh! Thanks didn't notice!
    TruPlaya187 likes this.
    04-01-2015 09:48 AM
    Oh! Thanks didn't notice!
    When the app first appeared in articles before it came out it was People Sense but when the app became available in the Store it was SquadWatch....

Personally I prefer PeopleSense for the name...
    anon(9057135) likes this.
    04-01-2015 09:57 AM
    I've requested this feature from the Cortana feedback tool. The natural language query might be something like "Remind me to tell my brother about the new Call of Duty game next time I see him". Cortana would then create a Bluetooth-based reminder (similar to how she creates GPS/location-based reminders). The next time your phone detects the Bluetooth signature from your brother's phone, Cortana would present the reminder.

This obviously assumes that you've already paired devices (so your phone knows to associate this particular BT signal with a given contact; perhaps contacts in People app could have a section for devices). You would also both need to have Bluetooth on when you see each other. In my experience these are minor issues. I'd have no problem pairing my phone with all of my close friends and family. And more and more people are keeping Bluetooth on for things like headphones, headsets, fitness bands and smart watches (and maybe iBeacons too).
    05-02-2015 09:56 PM