Goodbye Cortana

Warren Poultney

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Sadly you don't talk anymore. You no longer respond to any inquiry. You use to be very talkative when I was using Preview for Developers.

But ever since you officially moved to China. You no longer speak to me. You only tell me jokes. Sometimes, only sometimes sing a song. But only in Chinese.

Even though you're aware my Lumia is all set to English. Even though you know I only read English, type in English and speak only English. Even with all my region, language and input settings set to US English. You ignore all these and only respond in Chinese. This includes my search results. With no options for results in English appearing in the results any longer.

It use to be if I selected Results in English, you'd start responding talking to me in English.

As of now I officially say good bye to you. As we can no longer communicate. I understand we're working and living in China. However you have truly gone native and we are no longer in a communicative relationship.

Goodbye Cortana. You will be missed

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Could also be the Great Firewall of China is blocking your external requests and redirecting you to the "sanitized" version.

I would tend to believe the location is more at fault than Cortana.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Or firmware. I suspect that China wanted to be pretty particular about where Cortana (or Xiao Na) gets her data from.

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You should try an US firmware variable for your handset.. You can try using Nokia Care Suite.. Maybe it'll help you.. No problems with Spanish (alpha) version

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire