Can you change what weather app cortana uses?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Is it possible to change what weather app Cortana uses? MSN is just way off in my area and I'd like to explore other apps.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't look like that can be done at this point in time. Hopefully when the BETA program of Cortana ends, it will.

This is the reason why I've got at least eight other weather apps (those I've tested to be accurate for my location, not necessarily good in UI) pinned to my start screen.

I must mention, though, that what Cortana is "reporting" is different from what my Microsoft Weather app is reporting, so it seems that Cortana is sourcing its weather information from a different database, at least not exactly with what Microsoft's Weather app is using. It's just that tapping on the weather icon in Cortana launches Microsoft's weather app by default.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I could use another app as well but at times I like asking Cortana. MSN is saying 40% chance of rain and National Weather Service (which is always more accurate) says 0%.

MSN is always off in my area.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I've MSN weather is because of the Glance integration. I would prefer Accuweather but unfortunately, neither it has any Glance integration nor Cortana can set it as the default weather app and use it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, since Cortana is still in BETA, we could send feedback or a feature request straight from the landing page of Cortana - stating that we should be able to choose which weather app or service Cortana would be getting information.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Well, since Cortana is still in BETA, we could send feedback or a feature request straight from the landing page of Cortana - stating that we should be able to choose which weather app or service Cortana would be getting information.

Good idea. Doing that now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786