I work nights in a loud and noisy factory, running 2 welding robots. So it has been nice to be able to use my Lumia 1020 as a music player to help the shift go faster.

Any way the other day I downloaded and installed the latest Rogers update that gave us Cortana at long last. So I set Cortana to read my text messages when the head phones are plugged in, as I use the Nokia ones that came with the device ( they are the same color as our ear plugs...Yellow). Plus they do a better job of keeping out the factory sound which is a nice bonus.

So tonight my friend was also working nights and was texting me......

Cortana was almost 100% correct with all the messages I sent back, she only misheard 1 word out of 15 texts sent. She read all the incoming texts for me, and the menu system for verbal use was way easy!!!!

My work Partner has a Galaxy Note 2, and with all the sound around he can not use Ok Google and speech to text in the factory. Even he was blown away how easy and quick I was sending texts.

Cortana just pauses music, tells me I have a text, asks me what to do, I was impressed by how well she did!!!! I may just let her handle all my text messages :)
    04-24-2015 08:43 AM
    Every time I've tried this I've encountered a bug where when the music starts back up again and plays through the speakers and headphones at the same time.
    04-24-2015 08:46 AM
    Voice with Cortana works great. Almost 99 percent accuracy when I either ask for information, create reminders for myself or doing a text reply on my phone. Yet another reason why I cannot give up my 1520.
    Greywolf1967 likes this.
    04-24-2015 08:48 AM
    Also though the voice dictation is pretty amazing. I use it to text all the time when I'm driving. I don't even have to touch my phone! And I'm not worried about checking the message after cause it's always correct, even with smiley faces, winks, you name it.
    k72 and Jazmac like this.
    04-25-2015 12:24 AM