She Won't Listen

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Cortana isn't listening to me anymore.

What I mean is, I'll use her speech recognition function and the app just closes out. When I use her in the messaging app (well the voice recognition feature) it says "Sorry I didn't hear anything." However, it's not my microphone, because I can talk to people on the phone just fine.

I tried turning Cortana on and off and that didn't help. Any suggestions?

I'm using a L925 with the latest updates for 8.1 that ATT has.

I also don't really want to reset my phone... I've done soft resets and turning the device on/off. Resetting my phone just takes so dang long.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
At some point you might have to come to grips with the fact that the only option you have left is to do a hard reset

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is data connection unrestricted for her? Did you check all the settings around this?

Sometimes there are regional server issues that can effect Cortana's abilities.

If it is a persistent problem either Hard Reset as ven07 suggests or talk to her about shoes and handbags for a while. Get's my wife primed to hear me...

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm hard resetting. She's starting to grey out the remind button when I type things in. -grumble- Microsoft -grumble-

It certainly can't be data if I use her on both Wi-Fi and cellular.

Captain Offensive

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
a) sorry to hear a hard reset hasn't helped but b) thanks for saying as my 640 is doing the same and i was thinking of resetting that this evening! I won't bother now! :)

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site
dat title tho.
It could just be a bug with your current version of WP or maybe a hardware issue with your phone model, I'm really not sure about this problem.

Paul Germaine

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Won't Listen? Half the time she can't even understand what I'm saying! My 925's fairly old, maybe she reacts better on the 930 or 830? Not as good as Siri, by half

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem with my L920,
did you tried to use voice in other apps? (voice recorder or like that)
it maybe a problem with the secondary mic.
sometimes it can be because the dust on the mic or like that,,

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking you're right. Shazam doesn't work nor does bing's music find feature. I expect an error code, not just a closed out app -smh-

It still doesn't work and hasn't for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire