Why isn't Hey Cortana available on the Lumia 830?

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey Cortana & Lumia 830

I don't love this phone. I've loved all my previous phones all the way back to.....yes, sometime in the mid-80's when I got a bag phone LOL!!!!! I'm sad I bought it and have to pay for it for the next two years - thanks, ATT. This new program they have absolutely sucks. But I digress, because here's my new issue. Why isn't Hey Cortana available for this dumb phone I have? Ugh. I wish someone would make all my problems with this phone go away.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hey Cortana & Lumia 830

Hey Cortana is a feature only available on phones equipped with the higher-end Snapdragon 800 chip.

I believe it is the technical issues posed, such as passive voice listening and power usage.

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hey Cortana & Lumia 830

I think I got lousy service at the AT&T store - two phones to choose from and no education offered on features available, and that I could order what they didn't have. I know I'm supposed to be a grown-up and do my own research, but they were great for my last phone so I trusted them. Doy. Thank you got your explanation - now I'll look into what the Snapdragon 800 chip is and if I can get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon