07-16-2015 10:15 AM
56 123
tools
    There has still yet to be an actual valid potential consequence said.

all I have heard so far is "watch out this will go bad", "dont be ignorant as things will eventually become negative", etc.

but no one seems to be able to provide a good example of what exactly can go wrong with companies having such data

I'm not saying that things CANT work against our favor, but all I've heard so far from various posters in this thread is them crying wolf... but where is the wolf?
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    06-15-2015 07:37 PM
    If and when Cortana starts waking me up in the morning with not so random product placement jingles I'll be upset.
    06-15-2015 07:42 PM
    If you are going to use a smartphone in this day and age, you are going to have to get into bed with somebody, be it Google, Apple or Microsoft. SOMEONE is going to have some of your data. And it's only going to get worse from here on in.

We have been pushed into more cloud based usage but again, it's all three of the big players and it's up to us to decide who to trust or not.

For me my major concern for cloud storage is the looming hacking plague. This worries me more than any company itself. Company and govt systems are being hacked on a daily basis and that we DO need to be concerned about in my estimation.
    RumoredNow and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-19-2015 06:11 AM
    For me my major concern for cloud storage is the looming hacking plague. This worries me more than any company itself. Company and govt systems are being hacked on a daily basis and that we DO need to be concerned about in my estimation.
    ^^This^^ Most of us don't have to worry much about anyone snooping on our data due to being needles in a huge haystack. If you're not a terrorist or selling drugs on the side you probably have very little to worry about. Sure, there's a possibility that someone, somewhere is reading my email or browsing my uploaded photos and I don't like the idea, but the chances are very slim my stuff will be interesting enough to make that worthwhile. My main objection is the ever-increasing bombardment by so-called "targeted advertising" that I have zero interest in and just ruins my browsing experience in so many places. We need ad-blockers for Windows phone--I am sick of jumping and flashing ads for things I am not interested in, or pages blocked by ads that force you to click on them.
    07-16-2015 09:49 AM
    The sooner you understand nothing you do on ANY internet connected consumer device, is secure, the better.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    07-16-2015 09:53 AM
    I wouldn't worry. MS are clearly depreciating Onedrive in W10 as functionality has been slashed to the bone. I think they are not as convinced by cloud storage as Bulmer MS was.
    07-16-2015 10:15 AM
56 123