Why does Cortana state Your language is not supported yet, even though it's English?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cortana states "Your language is not supported yet", even though it's English

My Nokia Lumia 1320 is set to English (UK), but I am currently located in France.
Does this mean that Cortana stops working when you travel?

Sarmad Khalil

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana states "Your language is not supported yet", even though it's English

I think you changed the region to France, which (in my knowledge) isn't a supported region. Just change the region to us or uk and you are good to go.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana states "Your language is not supported yet", even though it's English

I think you changed the region to France, which (in my knowledge) isn't a supported region. Just change the region to us or uk and you are good to go.

You are basically right but France is supported.
But not the combination Region France and language English.
So if you set the region to UK will make Cortana available but you may get problems with "local" search because your in France and not in the UK.
Setting Both to France would be the best but then again you probably do not understand Cortana because she becomes French.:smile:

So Cortana is still far from "perfect" if you travel and even in a lot of countries Cortana is not locally available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte