Cortana on the Start Screen for Windows 10 Mobile

angelblast1997

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I would like to see Cortana on the left side of the Start Screen. Cortana is an amazing virtual assistant but having her on her own application ruins the experience, Cortana does not feel integrated within the OS. It would be a great idea if Cortana lived next to the Start Screen. Swiping to the right/ sliding to the left would slide the screen to Cortana. Having Cortana so easily accessible would improve how much users use Cortana.

The new Cortana would also display the Start Screen wallpaper blurred in the background. This would not only look sleek and nice but would unify Windows 10 Mobile.

VOTE HERE!!! https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...re-integrated-cortana-cortana-on-the-start-sc

This is a very quick mock up I did
Cortana_StartScreen_Mockup.jpg

Do anyone else think this would be a good idea? If yes, please vote here: https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...re-integrated-cortana-cortana-on-the-start-sc

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Could work for some, but I like the fact that I can move her around as much as I want. Keeping her as an application, was what MS was/is aiming for

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of Cortana, on the start screen following the update to 10149 from 10130 Cortana disappeared from my start screen leaving a blank space where her wide tile was. She is not listed on the app list either so no way to repin. Anyone having similar issue?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of Cortana, on the start screen following the update to 10149 from 10130 Cortana disappeared from my start screen leaving a blank space where her wide tile was. She is not listed on the app list either so no way to repin. Anyone having similar issue?

She is now called "Search" in the app list.

angelblast1997

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Which, hopefully, they will change to Cortana later... When you do not have Cortana activated in the desktop it is called Search but when Cortana is activated it is called "Cortana."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb