Is there a way to use Cortana in German without setting my region to Germany?

Ser_Jake

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been learning German for years, and for a while now I've been trying to get used to using my Windows devices in German. However, each time I try to set the language to German on my phone or PC, I run into problems when I try to use Cortana. With the language on my PC set to German and the region set to the US, I get a message that Cortana is not available in my region. If I set the region to Germany, however, it works fine but all the region-related content is set to Germany, which is a little problematic, since I live in the US. Is there a way to use Cortana in German without setting my region to Germany, so I can see US regional content?

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe just quite possibly, they haven't worked that into Cortana yet? Possibly an afterthought once they get it properly rolled out for all countries?

I'd suggest going to the microsoft forums and bringing this up

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And in German.
Actual his problem is also the problem for everyone who wants to use Cortana in a non Cortana country.
You have to change the region and speak a "foreign" language but all the location based perks do not work.

I know this all too well, as I had done this in Canada to get Cortana before it was available, little did I know, it royally messed up my MSA lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos