Why has Cortana stopped speaking anything?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
re:

How did you perform the search, by typing or by speaking?

By default, Cortana remains silent of you just type into the Cortana Search Box, but if you speak then "she" will speak also.

That is if the volume settings of your device are properly set.

P.S.
Moved to Appropriate Forum.
The Ask a Question forum is used preferably for time-pressing and urgent matters and for guests who don't have a Windows Central account yet. Members are encouraged to post their queries and concerns in the appropriate forums - in this case the Cortana Forum.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
re:

She only speaks for a few things, mostly she just does a Bing search. Try asking her for something like 'Tell me a joke' or 'Sing me a song' to test.

Michael McKee1

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
re:

If you say, "Hey Cortana" and then keep saying whatever it is you want to search she will hear you. Like keep going as if you are using one breath and NOT expecting someone to say, "What do you want?" Just let it flow. Example: If you want to search weather, you say, "Hey Cortana, Weather." (all at one time)

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

Are you on WP 8. 1 or WM 10 Technical Preview, She doesn't speak on Technical Preview yet..

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

That's the reason She is not talking to you, not your fault.. Lol..

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cortana prob. Help

No new features, nothing.. It's just same as 166.. Though they claimed that they fixed some 2000 things.. I don't have many issues beside extra +info and here drive + not updating, quite hours toggle constantly blinking and Cortana eating 60% of my battery resources.. It was like this since the last build so no new issues..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon