I cannot talk to cortana at all, as in the microphone feature seems broken. Other apps that use microphone still works in my computer like skype or ok google. I can talk to cortana previously but not since yesterday. I've reset my computer and still no result. Any possible solution?

Thanks.
    08-10-2015 01:27 PM
    I helped my cousin upgrade last week on a laptop she bought just a few weeks ago. When I ran through a quick demo of the new features for her, I had the same issue with Cortana not recognizing the microphone. I didn't have time to troubleshoot that night and I haven't had a chance to look at her laptop since, but I'd suggest starting with checking for updated Windows 10 drivers - either through the computer manufacturer's website or directly from the maker of your computers audio device (VIA, Realtek, etc.).
    08-10-2015 02:17 PM
    Update: I ran a windows update and updated my realtek audio driver, now the microphone works as normal in cortana. Thanks!
    08-12-2015 02:37 AM
    When I upgraded to cortana it first told me cortana does not work with realteck speakers and then when the install was finished cortana could not hear me and would not respond. I found the fix to be TURNING OFF by clicking the box/circle in front of "ACOUSTIC ECHO CANCELLATION" . I first went into control panel and turned off enhancements in realteck driver and then Cortana could hear but goggle could not, so I went back in and turned "AUTO GAIN CONTROL" on and both worked. I hope this helps somebody.
    01-14-2016 07:48 AM