Windows Central Question

why no cortana in Canada?

Why was Canada left out and China in?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: why no cortana in Canada?

Because it takes a long time to make sure something as expansive as Cortana meets all the laws and regulations of the region, while also being capable of understanding the native accents and languages, and all the mannerisms that goes along with it.
You have to give the Cortana team some time, because it's not easy porting an artificial intelligence across so many languages and cultures.

spbone

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Why can't I just use the American version?
btw the difference between American and Canadian culture and law is nothing in comparison to that between American and Chinese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Why can't I just use the American version?
btw the difference between American and Canadian culture and law is nothing in comparison to that between American and Chinese.

If you change your region to America you probably could use the American version of Cortana...but to the computer you'd be in America. And Microsoft probably watches this by using Location, so that if Location notices a contradiction between your claimed location and your actual location, it may rectify it, rendering your work useless and Cortana unusable again. I'm not an expert on it, so that's just speculation.

Also, America and China are both far larger markets for Microsoft than Canada. Sorry, but the larger markets are Microsoft's priorities, even if in a perfect world Microsoft would have infinite resources and could release everything everywhere at the same time. But no one ever said we live in a perfect world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon