[BUG] Cortana cannot use location reminders with the location name in the address

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Device: Lumia 730
Windows 8.1 version
Region : India
Language : English(United kingdom)

When creating location-based reminders, sometimes Cortana cannot proceed and will say "Sorry, I cannot locate that on the map. You can choose another place."

Repro steps:

1. Say "The next time I'm at the Golconda hotel, remind me ....."
2. She will confirm the reminder with the correct address in the location box for that hotel.
3. On confirming YES, She will respond with the "sorry" error above.

The same happens with when I create reminders with respect to my Work place or my cousin's home, even though I have the same saved as my favorite places.

I have tried resetting the cortana, recently due to various reasons, I had reset the device too, but still this scenario occurs. The maps have been updated to the latest and no more updates are available.

Please help.:unhappysweat:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Try this:
1. head over to the Maps app and set the location as a Favorite in the map - be sure to name the place properly.
2. Go back to Cortana, then say the same command you've said (but make sure that you use the name you've given to the place in your Favorites).
3. If Cortana can't recognize the place (since it's not English), try typing the command instead.

That should make it work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05