Cortana in Canada - Windows Insider?

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Cortana in Canada - Windows Insider

Hi All,
Earlier this month I read a post that Cortana was to be rolled out to insider versions of windows 10 in Canada/English. Has anyone been able to get this to work, I have build 10547, region Canada, speech Canada and cannot enable Cortana. Am I missing something?

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana in Canada - Windows Insider

According to this post, it is an optional download currently for the new regions.

Have you tried to download it?

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Yes I also read that it would be an optional download - but I have no idea where to find it. I have tried the store and searched ms download - no luck...

Keshok

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site

Hey, in order to get Cortana functional in your region, you must go to settings (via Win Key + "I"), then click on "Time & language", and then click on "Region & language". Once you're there, under "languages', you will see the language packs installed on your machine. For instance, in your case, you will see: "English (Canada)", and English (United States)". Furthermore, click on "English (Canada)", and then click on "options". Once your inside, windows update will automatically, or if not, prompt you to install the speech/voice add-on for your windows display language.

P.S: Oh by the way, in the latest windows insider preview build (10547), Cortana for Canada is currently dysfunctional at the moment. It seems that the latest build has ruptured/broken the feature; thus, you will need to wait until the next build, or until they patch and send out a fix via Windows Update.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

The language packs cannot be downloaded on 10547. It says language pack isn't available.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Ok good so I'm not the only one....reporting build 10565 Cortana not working in Canada.
Set everything to Canada including the speech pack downloaded from the Language settings. Still can't enable it.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Booooo

Did any of you have Hey Cortana working? Never got it working on my surface 3 when it was working in Canada.

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

the language packs for 10565 are now available

open Settings-> Time & Language-> Region & Language to get them

r4WT2bQ.png

amo00Mk.png

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

I did the downgrade to 8.1 / upgrade to 10572 shuffle to get Cortana on my 1520 (unlocked AT&T SKU used in Canada), but no luck... What magic combination of language settings do you use to get Cortana in Canada on insider build 10572?
On a side not (and probably related to this), I have been unable to download the English (Canada) speech pack... No luck on the Canadian English keyboard either - Windows 10 for mobile download manager really sucks! Even Podcasts can't download anything right now...

BeerNutGuy

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

It refused to load on my laptop, but opens up fine on my desktop. Both PCs have Region set to Canada.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99