Mercedes Benz standard Audio 20 2015 model support for Windows Phone Bluetooth features (Cortana)?

nitsuk

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Mercedes Benz standard "Audio 20" 2015 model support for Windows Phone Bluetooth features (Cortana)

Hello,

Have tested Cortana and all other Windows Phone Bluetooth functions (inc music streaming, texting, calling and etc...) in Nissan Juke and Qashqai which everything works very well despite it sometimes not hearing me very well which is the car microphone quality I guess.

This year decided to go for a Mercedes with standard "Audio 20" system in place however rather concerned that Cortana text read/compose, calling and music playback/control doesn't work as intended therefore if anyone has any experience please advise as there is time to change my mind about the car though would like to know if anyone has tested it in theirs in a recent model and what the outcome has been?

From experience have found that Japanese cars intend to be much more flexible hence why little concerned as only just suddenly remembered the headache a client had with their Audi not streaming music via his system though it was very recent model.

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mercedes Benz standard "Audio 20" 2015 model support for Windows Phone Bluetooth features (Corta

Not exactly your Question, but from my experience, Cortana works on BMW (as a perma-link to the number created in the telephone book by the phone) for text composing and general commands- and of course calling. But music streaming does not work with Windows Phone (just with AUX cable, but I dont have any controls over the audio there).

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Mercedes Benz standard "Audio 20" 2015 model support for Windows Phone Bluetooth features (Corta

I have a MB Sprinter with the Audio 15 system. While I can do voice calls anytime, the Bluetooth features you asked about do work, but only when in Media mode. The voice recognition doesn't work well at all (because of background noise?) I gave up on voice to text.

nitsuk

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

Thank you, hopefully this information will be useful to others searching for BMW compatibility.

nitsuk

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

Thank you SteveNoza, you reply and the information is much appreciated also helpful, that's sounds good as it's the same in the Nissan as it requires you to switch to Bluetooth input to hear the streaming.

The only question now is if I'll be able to call up Cortana with press/hold of a button as I do in Nissan or is it case of getting the system to call Cortana as shown in few videos online by adding Cortana as a contact with number (555-555-9876)?

nitsuk

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

Decided to go and test this for myself therefore explained to local Mercedes Benz dealer that I would only be interested if Windows Phone works as intended on the Audio 20 system which is what effectively land with hopefully, they agreed to allow me to take a Lumia handset and test it so took a spare handset (Nokia Lumia 735) which was made ready with all relevant areas to be tested and I wouldn't have to worry about the contacts syncing...

Visited the local dealer and tested every angle of the Bluetooth features I could think of in the little time which I had with the car (C Class Saloon AMG 2015) and all worked as intended except for getting Cortana up compared to Nissan system, though is something one could live with, here is the outcome:
  • Music streaming worked perfectly once is linked/paired as a streaming device however forgot to test the control keys however playback was my main concern.
    Dialling, receiving calls and sending/receiving calls all worked as is meant too.
  • Cortana worked perfectly however to bring it up (unless you have Hey Cortana compatible handset) you have to call Cortana as if you're calling someone which was rather simple as Cortana was added to the Contacts on the car accordingly.

The person who I had with me also agreed that before Mercedes systems did not work this way therefore and you would have had to pay extra to upgrade the system for such features, he was rather impressed when the received text was read out and I was able to do more than what the system had to offer so perhaps Windows Phone may have just gained another switch in UK :angel:

Therefore based on this test and outcome in this case happy to switch to Mercedes now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99