Handwriting

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
OK what am I doing wrong?

I can't see any way to get Cortana to allow me to input handwriting. I've seen screenshots with a text area to write in, but I can't seem to get this on my SP3 with TH2.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
When you bring up your onscreen keyboard, there is an icon of a keyboard in the lower right-hand corner of the keyboard. There will be several options to change your input method here, one of which is pen input for handwriting recognition.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes I can enter the handwriting like this, but that's just replacing keyboard input for handwriting, something which you have always been able to do.

It's not the same as the screenshot on the WC news article, or other tech sites. :unhappy:

cortana-ink-10565.jpg

Marc Bxl

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I asked the same question on reddit and the answer was:
? It is only available in the insider builds right now. You have to subscribe as an insider and install the latest build from Microsoft to get this option. ?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, Marc. Thanks for stopping by to add some info for us. That's good to know. Be sure and stop by our Introductions thread and introduce yourself.
I asked the same question on reddit and the answer was:
? It is only available in the insider builds right now. You have to subscribe as an insider and install the latest build from Microsoft to get this option. ?

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It works flawlessly after the Nov. Update. New SP3 user here.

Also this:

Off-topic, one nice feature I discovered was the personalized handwriting recognition feature for Portuguese, my mother language. Wasn`t there first time I tried accessing it (I had only the Portuguese keyboard installed at this time). Then I installed the whole Portuguese language pack and thought, ok, maybe I got this now. Nothing. Then I uninstalled the language pack, deleted the Portuguese keyboard, cause in onenote I suddenly couldn`t handwrite using the Portuguese keyboard, and finally reinstalled only the Portuguese keyboard, leaving the English one of course as my main windows language setup. Voila. The personalized handwriting recognition feature appeared and I`m very, very happy, as you can imagine. Even setup a reminder with Cortana handwriting. Good luck guys. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12