Cortana [Canada] - Reminds me to leave for work even if my calendar is blank

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

New to Cortana on both my Windows 10 (1511) tablet and Windows 10 Mobile Lumia 635, region is Canada.

Every working day, around 8:20am, Cortana reminds me to take this or that bus to get to work on time. It also pops up on days that are blank (some days I have a night/evening shift/not at all). I assume Cortana learned that I need to get to work by 9:00am, but from where did it get the info if my day is blank ? How come the bus alert pops up even if I don't have an entry "work", and how can I disable these on days I have a night shift/day off ?

I never told it about my working hours, so I assume it got this information from somewhere, but I'm not sure where from.

Thanks! :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Could you check the working hours you've set in your Calendar? This can be found in your Calendar settings in Windows 10 Mobile. It could be that Cortana acquired the info there.

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had that experience too. I never input information in when I start work etc. My guess would be that it uses location to determine where your workplace is and your working hours. Pretty smart. I smiled the first time it said "15 minutes to reach work in the traffic "

Posted from my Note 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss