I have had Win 10 for over a week. Cortana operated well for two days, then stopped.(the voice part) I searched the web for answers then I troubleshooted all the majors: microphone settings, volume, etc. Then after three or four days Cortana came back for a couple days and went away again this morning. I have done nothing major to my computer nor have I messed with settings. Are vacation days written into her contract? Seriously, I'd like to know what is going on here. This is Dell Laptop. UPDATE: I just returned from Best Buy Geek Squad with a separate issue with my laptop and Cortana was working just fine in their service Station.

Thanx for feedback.
    12-07-2015 06:26 PM
    Cortana often undergoes backside maintenance (on their end) where the user is left with a seemingly non-functional Cortana.

You'll find some days, you'll get a message that "Interests aren't available at the moment" or "the Internet and I aren't talking right now", but then the next day, or even a few hours later, Cortana will be right back to her witty self.

It's not just you...
    Ken Wanamaker likes this.
    12-07-2015 07:49 PM