Type 'Lumia' into Cortana.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
For me, on a Lumia 950 in the UK, this crashes Cortana instantly without fail. Quite an amusing and somewhat ironic bug.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Works okay for me too in US. Is that the ONLY thing that does that?

To the best of my knowledge. Typing L, Lu, Lum, Lumi or Lumia will cause it to quit the app, but if I type anything else, like Lust or Lump it doesn't crash. It's very odd. Maybe one of the search suggestions it fetches causes issues?

Come to think, one of my apps pre-installed on the phone, Lumia Help & Tips, still lingers on my app list despite uninstalling it. It has no logo and tapping it just causes the Start Screen to go black. It wouldn't surprise me if that has something to do with this.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
interesting. I almost did a hard reset on my daughter's 640 but then I noticed that Cortana would crash on three of our phones when searching for a number of things, including Gleeson etc. I believe it's a server/service problem that leads to a crash. Search would work once and then crash anytime after that.

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Come to think, one of my apps pre-installed on the phone, Lumia Help & Tips, still lingers on my app list despite uninstalling it. It has no logo and tapping it just causes the Start Screen to go black. It wouldn't surprise me if that has something to do with this.
I would bet money on this. When I type Lumia, the Cortana results include all the Lumia apps existing on my phone.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok, what fixed it for me was to turn location under settings off and then on again.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't change anything. I don't expect anything to fix it really and it doesn't bother me that much anyway (as much as I'm entitled to parade the forums calling the phone a failure because of it, haha). I can live without searching for Lumia. =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05