Just started using Cortana. But she did not recognise English (UK). I downloaded the English (UK) language pack. Cortana confirms it is installed, but still will not allow me to specify it as the speech language. I did a reboot, just in case, but that made no difference. What am I missing?
    I'm using a Sony VAIO all-in-one with Windows 10.
    Ron
    01-07-2016 12:13 PM
    Check your keyboard and region settings, are they set to the UK as well?
    01-07-2016 05:54 PM
    Got to admit I have had some serious laughing sessions with Cortana coming up with some really funny interpretations of what I have said, it must be my cockney accent, or maybe the shape of my mouth, but she is some funny girl

PS Do I recognise you from maybe a Skype forum Mr Techfreak, or is it someone else by that name.
    01-09-2016 10:10 AM
    Come on, admit it. Even most Brits can't understand a Cockney
    01-19-2016 11:07 PM
    Cortana is poor compared to 8.1. Am I the only one who wonders why the live tile / flight tracking / live tile only only updates if you select news then stops after 10-15 mins......
    01-20-2016 09:00 AM
    Cortana is just terrible. It's basically just a voice search function and it doesn't even do that well. It's supposed to be like Google Now and tell you about traffic and the best route home or to work and that kind of thing. Doesn't do a damn thing on mobile and the voice translation is just laughably bad. "What time is Star Wars on tonight at the Odeon?" = "Want time instant or do one" Bing search. Doh!
    01-20-2016 09:16 AM
    Cortana is just terrible. It's basically just a voice search function and it doesn't even do that well. It's supposed to be like Google Now and tell you about traffic and the best route home or to work and that kind of thing. Doesn't do a damn thing on mobile and the voice translation is just laughably bad. "What time is Star Wars on tonight at the Odeon?" = "Want time instant or do one" Bing search. Doh!
    And the real pisser is that on 8.1 it was a bloody BETA!!!!! Guess what? It was superb. So what's this one eh? Very poor. I'm a cabbie who has to track flights and even that function doesn't work!! Might as well drive along the M25 with my head out of the window with a pair of binoculars!!
    01-20-2016 10:25 AM
    Got to admit I have had some serious laughing sessions with Cortana coming up with some really funny interpretations of what I have said, it must be my cockney accent, or maybe the shape of my mouth, but she is some funny girl

PS Do I recognise you from maybe a Skype forum Mr Techfreak, or is it someone else by that name.
    Must be someone else, I don't participate in the Skype forum :).
    01-29-2016 04:25 PM