Why does my 635 and 640 freeze and locked me out when I try to stop Cortana from announcing incoming calls?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

635 and 640 froze and locked me out when I tried to stop Cortana from announcing incoming calls. Pho

I went to "ease of access" to stop Cortana from announcing incoming calls. I was instructed to press and hold volume up button then press start. Now my phone has this green illuminated square/rectangle perminently on it. I am now completely locked out of my phone, as I can sometimes get to keypad only for Cortana to babble, as my password has become unrecognizable. Now all commands I attempt, to try to get on with things, Cortana starts babbling. This is the second microsoft 640 that has done this to me. I experienced the same with my 635, so I returned it after 7 days. This is not cool. I have always been a Nokia fan, but microsoft and nokia seem to have communication issues. I hope someone out there knows what I'm talking about. I also hope someone out there has a/the resolution. Turning off incoming call announcements should be simple. I didn't choose incoming call announcements. She just started talking with my first incoming call. LOL....she doesn't talk any other time. It would be nice if she did when I need her to.

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: 635 and 640 froze and locked me out when I tried to stop Cortana from announcing incoming calls.

I went to "ease of access" to stop Cortana from announcing incoming calls. I was instructed to press and hold volume up button then press start. Now my phone has this green illuminated square/rectangle perminently on it. I am now completely locked out of my phone, as I can sometimes get to keypad only for Cortana to babble, as my password has become unrecognizable. Now all commands I attempt, to try to get on with things, Cortana starts babbling. This is the second microsoft 640 that has done this to me. I experienced the same with my 635, so I returned it after 7 days. This is not cool. I have always been a Nokia fan, but microsoft and nokia seem to have communication issues. I hope someone out there knows what I'm talking about. I also hope someone out there has a/the resolution. Turning off incoming call announcements should be simple. I didn't choose incoming call announcements. She just started talking with my first incoming call. LOL....she doesn't talk any other time. It would be nice if she did when I need her to.

weird cortana never announced any of my calls ( L 730) . are you on tp??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss