I know it is a known issue for a while on Windows 10 mobile. I paired my cell phone with my home phone handset over Bluetooth (so that if my cell phone rings my handsets also ring everywhere in my house), but I can no longer talk to Cortana over my Lumia 950XL.

Any one knows if there is a work around?
    Last edited by hardywang; 04-11-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    04-11-2016 06:38 PM
    Just like a hands free car system your voice is picked up by microphones in the car, not the phone.
    There is no issue. The home phone handset probably does not have the same BT functionality as a car hands free system
    As long as you can make and receive calls it is doing what it is supposed to do
    04-11-2016 06:46 PM
    Just like a hands free car system your voice is picked up by microphones in the car, not the phone.
    There is no issue. The home phone handset probably does not have the same BT functionality as a car hands free system
    As long as you can make and receive calls it is doing what it is supposed to do
    Your explanation sounds reasonable, I still hope MS can provide much finer controls to let me decide what to do with any device linked.

BTW, anybody knows home phone system can work well with cell phone over Bluetooth? E.g it can pick up my voice, let Cortana to read my texts and so on.
    04-11-2016 07:06 PM
    Bah! Cortana no-longer works!

I have been using Cortana over BT with my 1520 through 8.1 and early revs of 10...and she worked just fine. "Hey Cortana" would be followed by the sound from Cortana, then, a few seconds later, the ping from my headset (usually Plantronics Voyager Edge) that it was connected to my phone after which I could give Cortana a command.

That no longer happens.

Now, if my BT headset is on, "Hey Cortana" is followed by the sound from the phone followed by an interminable amount of time before my headset clicks on. Usually long enough for Cortana to decide that I just want to see the meetings remaining in my work day, the packages I am tracking and the latest news headlines.

Is the problem W10M? Is it the way it uses the BlueTooth Stack? Is it the 950 I replaced the 1520 with? Has she just gotten pissy? Who knows. Hopefully a fix comes soon.

BTW, notice that, on Fast Ring (Redstone Branch) Gadgets no-longer works either...
    04-12-2016 09:41 PM
    Good to know I am not the only person who has the problem. Yes Gadget stopped working for me.
    04-13-2016 07:18 AM