Cortana - No reminder to leave in W10M

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to W10M and I've noticed I am not getting reminders to leave from Cortana. In WP8.1, I'd get reminders to leave for work, reminders to go home, and reminders to leave for any calendar appointment where I entered a location. Now, I get (almost) none of these.

About a week into use of my L650, I have yet to get a leave for work reminder. I know she needs time to learn my times, but none of it has changed since 8.1 (and my locations were still saved).

With calendar events, Outlook Calendar does not give the drop down menu for selecting locations like I had in 8.1. Even if I manually input the entire address, I still don't get reminders to leave. The only time I've gotten reminders for calendar events is for locations saved as favorites.

Am I alone here? Anything I'm doing wrong?

I'm on a Lumia 650 on build ID 1230.104. Not on the insider program.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Used to get the reminders just fine. Then about two weeks ago it quit. Even after a hard reset I still get nothing after a few days. I'm pretty disappointed.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

anon(9812986)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
There is now a toggle for the reminders in the "Getting Around" section of Cortana's Notebook. I'm not sure if it's available in all regions/languages.

Personally, I'm glad, as my work hours and location are somewhat erratic. Under WP 8.1, I would regularly get reminders at the wrong time, and couldn't turn them off.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There is now a toggle for the reminders in the "Getting Around" section of Cortana's Notebook. I'm not sure if it's available in all regions/languages.

Personally, I'm glad, as my work hours and location are somewhat erratic. Under WP 8.1, I would regularly get reminders at the wrong time, and couldn't turn them off.

Yeah, the toggle is there for me, but even when on (and the appropriate checkboxes checked), it still doesn't remind. Frankly, I don't really need the reminders for work, it's more the reminders for calendar events I want.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also, using the feedback feature (volume down + power button), I can ser the lack of Cortana reminders to leave is a common complaint already. I highly recommend people find the topic and upvote it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting reminders to leave on my phone (running Fast ring). I don't think it's every day, but most days.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update: Started getting leave for work/home reminders earlier this week. I'm now on day 3 of consistently getting these reminders. Looks like that particular issue is resolved for me.

Still no leave for calendar event reminders though.

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm still stuck with no reminders for calendar events as well as traffic. I get the same news and articles for weeks on end. Also when I receive calendar invitations for meetings or appointments 99 percent of the time they just show up with "" in the email. No accept or decline options on mobile. And when I do get them they never get added to the calendar... And if I do add them manually, I get no reminders via Cortana! Ms is destroying anything and everything useful. I reached out to support about my issues, and it was like talking to someone who had never used the os or new any of these features functions exist, highly infuriating. I got the ubiquitous "we need you to back up your phone and do a hard reset" smdh.... I played along and the problems are still there and they have no answers.

Originally posted by wpfan86
Update: Started getting leave for work/home reminders earlier this week. I'm now on day 3 of consistently getting these reminders. Looks like that particular issue is resolved for me.

Still no leave for calendar event reminders though.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My leave for work/home reminders lasted about a week, and I haven't received any since then. I haven't experienced the old articles problem that you seem to be dealing with though.

I do recommend going to the Cortana uservoice page and upvoting the Cortana traffic reminders topic (there's many already posted). I agree with your general sentiment though, Cortana has been decidedly less useful in the reminders department in W10M than in WP8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6