Cortana may be the main reason I wish to own W10 device. When I can expect Cortana to fully understand a content of what I say(question,sounds,suggestions,teaching trough instructions)? I think learning commands is too obsolete, and not very supportive for being an Assistant...?
    04-15-2016 01:13 PM
    Cortana may be the main reason I wish to own W10 device. When I can expect Cortana to fully understand a content of what I say(question,sounds,suggestions,teaching trough instructions)? I think learning commands is too obsolete, and not very supportive for being an Assistant...?
    that could take a year or so from the looks of things. More features are being added though they take time
    Vivio vrvly and Jamar Wright like this.
    04-16-2016 12:21 PM
    I never had issues wording things differently to get things done.

For instance:
    -I have an appointment
    -Set a new appointment for thursday
    -New appointment
    -New calendar entry
    -I have a doctor's appointment

etc... all result in the same thing: A new entry in my calendar... And she asks me details that I leave out like time, name of appointment, date etc.

Or:
    -Set alarm for 7AM
    -Wake me up at 7AM
    -Wake me up in 2 hours
    -Set alarm for 15 minutes

They all accomplish what I'm trying to do. And she can do more complex tasks like when I say "Remind me when I get home to take out the trash.", and she will remind me when I get home. Or "Remind me to ask Jeff about the meeting next time I talk to him" and she will...

What kind of things are you trying to say to her?
    Jamar Wright likes this.
    04-26-2016 05:24 PM
    MS seems to have improved Cortana's voice recognition in noisy environments (ie, while driving), She now understands what I'm saying while driving most of the time, originally, I could only count on basic one word instructions. She's maturing quite well for me.
    Jamar Wright likes this.
    05-04-2016 08:25 AM
    Well yeah her recognition capabilities have improved, but thing is that MS removed some things I really used. Now can't trigger Cortana via the headphone button by long pressing, nor can she do any work offline. I used Cortana to make calls and now the carppy thing can't even do that. It now only relies on internet and is totally bleah. Wish I could uninstall it
    05-04-2016 08:53 AM
    Do you think great AI can be portable? You would need one hell of computer...
    05-07-2016 06:11 AM
    Well yeah her recognition capabilities have improved, but thing is that MS removed some things I really used. Now can't trigger Cortana via the headphone button by long pressing, nor can she do any work offline. I used Cortana to make calls and now the carppy thing can't even do that. It now only relies on internet and is totally bleah. Wish I could uninstall it
    Cortana is triggered by my 8 year old Bluetooth's "voice dial" long button press, so that's odd that it's no longer working for you....what build are you on? I'm on 10586.338 (latest Release Preview). She sucked in earlier builds (and I've heard of issues in the Fast Ring), but has been rock solid for the last several Release Preview builds (I went back to 8.1 on my 920 and just came back to 10 with my new 640 last month). And I may be wrong, but didn't she always require internet access (for translating voice)?
    06-01-2016 10:53 AM