Interests aren't available at the moment.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Cortana across several devices for ages now and barely ever had any issues. Until recently, when I installed Insider Preview 14322 on my Lumia 950XL. The first two days Cortana worked as usual, but then all of a sudden whenever I launch it, I'm not getting any information (See screenshot). Search is still working fine though.
After I installed yesterdays IP build, I was hoping it would probably fix my problem, but it didn't. The issue still remains.

What makes me wonder is, that Cortana is entirely in English, whereas it was in German before 14322. Cortana is set to default, and when I set it to German, it says, that this is probably not working as intended for my combination of location and regional settings (which are all set to German/Germany).

Is anybody experiencing the same issues? Is there probably a solution?
I've performed two soft resets, to no avail though.

Screenshot:

wp_ss_20160421_0001.jpg

PS: I wasn't sure whether to put this into Cortana or Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview.. It fits both somehow.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Yes, I got exactly the same problem. No idea what to do. I've changed Region and Land. Nothing worked. :angry:

So I'm at least not alone with this. By your name I assume you're probably from Germany? Maybe it's related to this. Have you changed the language besides region and country?

Biesterchen

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
That's right, I'm from Germany. I had changed region and language from German to US. And Cortana from default to German language and back again.
Nothing worked after restart. There was a combination (i don't know anymore) were the Cortana Tile was replaced by a Search Tile.
It started with build 14322. I don't want to do a Hardreset, so I wait :unhappy:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's right, I'm from Germany. I had changed region and language from German to US. And Cortana from default to German language and back again.
Nothing worked after restart. There was a combination (i don't know anymore) were the Cortana Tile was replaced by a Search Tile.
It started with build 14322. I don't want to do a Hardreset, so I wait :unhappy:

Likewise. I tried a couple things, unfortunately to no avail. I'm gonna do the same like you and hope for a fix. I refuse to do a hard reset, only to find it didn't change a thing.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have Windows 10 mobile non-insider upgraded to latest .318 release on Lumia 830 unlocked India variant.
I am not able to find "Interests" in Notebook. Basically I was looking for "Getting Around" option which provides option to display Traffic updates daily on Cortana homepage.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have Windows 10 mobile non-insider upgraded to latest .318 release on Lumia 830 unlocked India variant.
I am not able to find "Interests" in Notebook. Basically I was looking for "Getting Around" option which provides option to display Traffic updates daily on Cortana homepage.

There is no single item called interests. Basically everything below the line in the notebook are interests.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I understand that list below the line in Cortana Notebook is list of interest, so then I would like to know where is option "Getting Around" which displays local traffic updates. Does it goes under any other option, e.g Travel?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand that list below the line in Cortana Notebook is list of interest, so then I would like to know where is option "Getting Around" which displays local traffic updates. Does it goes under any other option, e.g Travel?

I don't think there is any such option. Traffic overview and alerts only work for your favorite places/routes.

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I experience this exact problem intermittently but get search crashes more than anything. What's even worse is that when she seems to function not all interest show up. This is bothersome because she definitely isn't linking to my calendar. My appointments nor traffic ever show up. I get the same news and articles for days and weeks on end.... It has fallen so far from 8.1

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I experience this exact problem intermittently but get search crashes more than anything. What's even worse is that when she seems to function not all interest show up. This is bothersome because she definitely isn't linking to my calendar. My appointments nor traffic ever show up. I get the same news and articles for days and weeks on end.... It has fallen so far from 8.1

Interests are working fine for me again, except for the lack of notifications when I have to leave for work. Searches are crashing 9 times out of 10 for me too though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99