danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to share this link:
Siri vs. Cortana: How Siri showed up Cortana at Apple's WWDC demo

I cannot believe editors post this stuff comparing an apple product that's years old to Cortana, another product that is a little more than a year old, if that. How can you compare two products saying the one that has been worked on for over five years is better than one that is so bran new, wouldn't that show how bad the 5+ year product is? Doesn't this show how slow and lacking and how long it has taken for Siri to get where she's out now compared to windows.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The gist of it is: simplicity.

Of course the techsphere will take it and run with it.

The perception you get is Microsoft is run by engineers whereas Apple is run by designers. Because to an engineer what may appear simple, elegant and straight forward. In reality it's not quite so for the average joe... especially with the attention deficit of younger generation growing ever larger due to the constant exposure to share in the moment (as opposed to memory retention and share later) and touch screen devices (as opposed to cognitive improvement through play and imagination).

In this day and age speed + efficiency is key; hence why you see people actually type in text speak in comments and even speak text speak in face to face conversations. I have noticed kids instead of laughing they say lol... seriously... lol or l o l (speaking the letters individually).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Because they're still direct competitors and age is only an excuse.

Someone is looking at both Siri and Cortana and they see the personalities, and what they can do compared to each other. I'm not sure a normal person would think (or know) "Oh, Cortana is younger, so I should get that and hope it gets X feature soon!"

or "Windows 10 Mobile is still young so I should cut it some slack in my phone requirements!"

They see a product that either works well or doesn't. Has X or Y feature or doesn't.

Honestly, Apple's slow-and-steady has worked out for it better than Microsoft's constant reboots.
Cortana on Windows 10 (and Windows 10 Mobile) has been rather unpleasant for me for use beyond the cards she throws up. Connectivity issues where 8.1 Cortana works perfectly. Crashes, sometimes awkward voice recognition...

Siri has been relatively foolproof for me, except when I ask it to toggle a certain setting and she explicitly says she can't do that versus defaulting to a web search on Bing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes