Lumia 930 + Win phone 10 + Hey Cortana

Naeem Gadkari

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I have lumia 930 with win phone 10. I am not able to see option to enable " hey cortana" anywhere on my phone. I double checked phone settings and cortana settings.

Below are my phone settings.

Region : India
Language : English India
speech : English India
Versioni : 1607
OS Build : 10.0.14367.0
Firware Revision Number : 02540.00019.15236.45003
Hardware Revision Number : 2.0.0.3

Cortana is working like charm. Only problem is, I m not getting option to enable "hey cortana" . again, I have double checked phone settings & cortana settings.

I have already done troubleshooting as per :

http://m.windowscentral.com/how-fix-hey-cortana-windows-10-mobile

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
On my 950, I get to the setting by opening Cortana, pulling down the hamburger menu, and opening Settings. Hopefully they didn't do something silly like put it in different places on different phones.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by aikidaves
On my 950, I get to the setting by opening Cortana, pulling down the hamburger menu, and opening Settings. Hopefully they didn't do something silly like put it in different places on different phones.

In fact they did put it in a different place. On older phone models Hey Cortana is an app under Settings > Extras

I did a hard reset recently and lost the Hey Cortana app that was in Settings > Extras. The only way I found to restore it was to do another hard reset and make sure to pick US as the region and language *during* the setup process.

But stupid thing is that even tho I got Hey Cortana app back and all my settings point to US, I still can't get hey Cortana to work because it says I need to enable Cortana which is already enabled!

The AU update is about to be released to the world and MS still hasn't sorted this crap out, totally unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs