Cortana and W10M ongoing issues

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get Cortana to learn your voice?

I'm using a Lumia 950 with non insider Windows 10 mobile and have been trying the learn my voice feature for 8 months without success.

I can normally get to about the third of the six questions before it totally bugs out and tells me "sorry, I'm not getting it"

So now its set to listen to anyone, but it's super sensitive and will activate when it hears just about any background noise. It inadvertently activates about 15-20 times a day.

I don't get it. The learn my voice feature worked brilliantly on my W8.1 Lumia 1520.

Is this likely a hardware or software problem?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get Cortana to learn your voice?

I'm using a Lumia 950 with non insider Windows 10 mobile and have been trying the learn my voice feature for 8 months without success.

I can normally get to about the third of the six questions before it totally bugs out and tells me "sorry, I'm not getting it"

So now its set to listen to anyone, but it's super sensitive and will activate when it hears just about any background noise. It inadvertently activates about 15-20 times a day.

I don't get it. The learn my voice feature worked brilliantly on my W8.1 Lumia 1520.

Is this likely a hardware or software problem?

have you ever done a hard reset?

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
have you ever done a hard reset?

Hi Chitan. Yes, I've hard reset several times. My 1520 is still running 8.1 and the cortana voice feature works perfectly so I can't figure out if my issue is an OS bug or faulty hardware.

I guess I'll get my answer when Redstone comes out next month. If it doesn't work properly on the updated OS then it's probably a Lumia 950 specific glitch

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Chitan. Yes, I've hard reset several times. My 1520 is still running 8.1 and the cortana voice feature works perfectly so I can't figure out if my issue is an OS bug or faulty hardware.

I guess I'll get my answer when Redstone comes out next month. If it doesn't work properly on the updated OS then it's probably a Lumia 950 specific glitch

check for firmware updates - new one is supposedly out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro